What are these? Bumps labia majora. NSFW

Posted , 3 users are following.

**I've had these bumps on my labia majora for 8 years. I have been tested for herpes and the results were negative and they're not genital warts. The bumps are pretty smooth, flat, and not raised. They do not itch nor do they cause any discomfort. The bumps continue to appear gradually over the years. I was told a few years ago that they just look like shaving bumps. Honestly, this only bothers me in a cosmetic manner. I do not like the appearance and I do not want intimate partners to think I have a STD/STI. What are they? Can they be removed?

imageimageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

they kind of look like fordyce spots ....little extreme once....i could be wrong.... did you check with dermatologist, If yes what did he/say said?

• Posted

Thank you for your response! I saw one dermatologist and she said that it looked like shaving bumps. She took a sample of the tissue and nothing abnormal came back.

• Posted

it does look like shaving bumps but i dont think they stay for 8 years so i assume its fordyce Spots... since all tests are clear u dont need to worry ....Fordyce spots are harmless

• Posted

Thank you so much! I have never heard of Fordyce spots until you told me that. Upon research it says that most doctors do not detect them and or misdiagnose them. THANK YOU! I honestly believe that they are Fordyce spots and I plan to look into the option if removal.

• Posted

glad to hear that, cosmetic surgeon would have good idea about it good luck

• Posted

you might be using the wrong type of razor, try using a mans razor. it is much smoother or try waxing instead. they look like normal razor bumps

• Posted

Thank you for your advice and input. I've used many different razors over the years. However, I've yet to use a men's razor. I would not think that razor bumps last for 8+ years. Wouldn't you think that they'd go away? I think that they are Fordyce spots like 2154 stated.

• Posted

yeah 8 years is a long time. you guys are probably right, i hope you figure it out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.