What are these dark marks on my legs?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 28 year old woman, 5'9 and 118 pounds. I don't take any medication. I haven't been able to see a dermatologist but I've seen and ER doctor. This started in November. The marks on my legs were dry, extremely itchy and flaking. I saw an ER doctor twice, once in January and another about 2 months after. They did blood work and all of that and said everything is good but to see a dermatologist for a biopsy. I couldn't cuz I lost my insurance and now I have it again but I still have to find one that takes it. What could it be? http://imgur.com/a/MySKilP

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If you have dark spots on your legs, you're not alone. This generally happens when that patch of skin produces or contains more melanin than the surrounding skin. Melanin is what gives your skin its color. The more melanin you have, the darker your skin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.