What are these genital sores? Herpes? HELP?! *picture*

Posted , 6 users are following.

In the middle of June I had a full STD panel ran on me. (Blood work and Swab) and my results came back completely clean. My boyfriend and I have been together for a while and had stopped using condoms since I was on birth control. He assured me he was also clean so after I got my test results I believed him and we continued to have unprotected sex. Well about two days ago I woke up and had a stinging pain right outside of the opening of my vagina. And when I looked there was a cluster of about 3 big yellow pussy sores. I looked up pictures of herpes and couldn't really find a picture that resembles my condition but I know not to rule it out. I also had just finished being at a dance camp where we danced all day for 3 day in tight shorts and I didn't wear under wear so I'm not sure if it has something to do with that. These sores are extremely large and painful. Also does this mean that my boyfriend has been cheating on me? He is the only person that I have been with in months and we have had unprotected sex before and I was clean when I got my results so does this mean he could've been cheating on me and got herpes from someone and given it to me? I really want to know what this and and I plan on going to my doctor but they aren't open until Monday and I'd  really like some answers thank you.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Think I'd have been more happy that he was also tested rather just taking his word for its? Pic looks like a chancre sore? Google it, it's a stage of syphillis.,

• Posted

When I looked up chancre sore forms syphilis it said a that most of the time they are painless. These sore are extremely painful. I can't even walk.

• Posted

I have done a little more research and think it looks more like chancroids but I am still unsure please help!
    • Posted

Yeah looks like that also. Either way it's an STI and needs medical treatment.

• Edited

Hi Sarah, first of all I'm really sorry your having to deal with this, it looks really sore!

I have herpes and I have seen many cases of herpes but the yellow sores do not look like anything I have seen regarding herpes, however, the sores on the other side do!

Just a bit of information for you. Herpes is a virus that every single one of us carry in our system but may not have been activated, it's part of the chicken pox family! It's extremely common and lots of people have it (activated) but are not aware as they have never had an outbreak! Even when you have regular check ups at the clinic, it can very often come back negative. It's only when you have an outbreak and have it swabbed that they would be able to diagnose you with herpes! It's get possible that your boyfriend is carrying the active virus and has passed it on to you without even knowing he has it, and it's also just as possible visa versa! Try not to think the worst about your boyfriend cheating as this could be genuine!

Get yourself down to the clinic ASAP (even a walk in centre) and get those sores swabbed as this is the only way you will find out what it is!

I wish you well and keep me posted if you like :-)

If you have anymore questions I'd be happy to.help

• Edited

Thank you so much! This is quite a terrifying experience. I plan on going to my doctor first thing Monday morning!
    • Posted

I know the feeling! I've had to live with herpes for about 9 years now and ita still hard! I don't think what you have is herpes, whatever it is I hope you can get rid of it because herpes is with you always! If it is herpes then it's not the end of world, lots of people have it and deal with it every day, we have boyfriends that love us no matter what! I'm here if you need someone to talk too! Even after 9 years of it, I still feel the need to talk to.others going through the same thing!

• Posted

I have looked up another STD that looks more similar to my sores called Chancroid but most of the research I've done says it occurs mostly in developing countries and it is more common in men. I guess I could be the exception. I'm also extremely concerned as to how I acquired these sores.

• Posted

If this is what you had, I would say that your bf definitely passed it on to you seen as it's more common in men! If he denies this, I would have him go to the clinic with you to get tested together!

• Posted

did your outbreak not get any lesser after 9 years? My sore just doesnt look like its healing even after a month sad it doesnt look like its safe for me to have any sexual activities anytime. Mind if i ask how do you deal with your sex life?

• Posted

I've never seen anything like the left before but they right looks like herpes! Hope you get it sorted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.