What are these HOT FLASHES!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

May I ask mostly the woman out here Sorry Guys I'm just sure your experience these. But I'm 54 years old and just finding out in November from my new Doctor Who God Bless Your Soul of saving my life Literally. Who finally diagnosed me with Hyperthyroidism, Graves and Hashimato. On top my me suffering from Nerve Damage from being Brutally Raped and other things while serving my Country back in the 80's, to coming home and meeting up with my childhood sweetheart and believing that he was my Knight in shining Armor but turned out to be my (the straw that broke the camels back), I married him and became his punching bag and enjoyed the game of making sure that I lost 9 of my children before they could even get to their second trimester but thru all of that two things came out of all my Days and Nights of my inability to escape was my 2 very Beautiful Children.

Anyways; dealing with those two medical issues I am still going through my Menapouse I'm on a dosage of 0.45 MG, lately with my monthly blood work two months now the only thing that's not normal is my T3, but I'm always experiencing going in and out of hypo, but my question is has anyone experienced severe Hot Flashes and I mean severe and do you know if any medications have to change or is this something that yeah for us is part of the Hyperthyroidism please help me, I'm at the end of my rope. Just meaning that I just want to go under my blankets and find no reason to leave them. I'm dealing with my husband (new) of 25 years and it hasn't been a cake walk being a Psychologist your not to diagnose your own family but he has been suffering from Narcissism, and also PTSD he's a Veteran also but has finished his schooling with my pushing him, and has a good job and now we're moving once again and the packing, paying our bills, finding a house in Arizona everything but cooking is in my lap plus my home in Connecticut and my kids I've been caring for and he left 4 months ago I've figuring he started his Mid-life Crisis stage. But has come home especially when he found out that if I hadn't found my dr. By then that my Thyroid after all of this was off the Charts and I was staring at Death being very close. So now I'm reaching out to my somehow family asking for help and tell me where these severe hot flashes are coming from and how do I stop them. Thank you and I am always praying for all of of us to beat this feeling and the pain it brings.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Mary ... you made me feel hellish there whilst reading your post ...I could hardly take it all in

You need a damned medal you do !

Well you've gotten yourself one way or another through the mire ... and I hope that your life is a little more settled right now ... because if you're to get better ... you need some form of peace in your

Mind at least .

Why don't we start off by :

Finding out if you have had all your bloods taken especially of course ... Thyroid full panel showing exactly which antibodies you actually have

As soon as you get the results ... get a paper copy of them they belong to you ...

And come back in here and post them for us to look at and you will be told what you could do next

I have Graves' disease have had fir around a year and a half ... I'm now euthyroid ... that is ...

Normal !!! Thank god and you could be too soon !

There are many on here to help you ...

Where are you Linda ? .....

But youre beginning a journey and you need just a little patience ... ok ?

With Graves ... and I'm sure with Hypo too

Hot flushes night sweats etc can be devastating

Mine were .. every single hour of every

single day !!!

the water dripped from my hands ... friends could hardly believe it .. I only had to lean across the table and ... there it started my head was

Constantly soaked and my makeup just slid off my face

I was always embarrassed shopping

Or wherever I went

The water trickled down my back and legs

It was mortifying believe me.

So you see .. you now know you're not alone we've all had it to some degree

For me ... they gave me Carbimazole

For the Graves to reduce the antibodies

Attacking my thyroid ...

It was like magic ...

As soon as I stabilised ... gone !

There's a lot to learn Mary ... but it's entirely possible ... so try to cope and rest a lot as your body is running very high and you must help it by resting ...

There are things you could take initially to help

B12 ..... but must be sublingual as it works

Into the bloodstream that way and not wasted

Magnesium ... to calm and aid sleep

D3 Helps a lot for head sweats especially

Motherwort

Bugleweed

Lemon balm

All help to calm you And aids sleep

Selenium To calm your immune system

Try googling these individually

Fur example

D3 and Graves' disease

And you will be so astonished to see how they will all help you ...

Don't forget to come back with blood results

And print them exactly as printed on the list

Hope to hear from you very soon

Luv mx🌹

• Posted

Oh Mary, I felt so overwhelmed and sad to read your post.  As a fellow PTSD sufferer, I can say you deserve true healing for ALL your problems and it is possible to feel a lot better very quickly.  The enormous stress you have suffered can certainly trigger thyroid diseases.  So two things.  For the Hot flashes, I am sure this is menopausal.  I tolerated it for exactly three weeks, fully did my research on it and then asked my doctor for a prescription for Bioidentical hormones made up in a Compounding pharmacy.  Usually it is dispensed as a cream but my body did not absorb the cream so then was made up as lozenges (called troches) and that works just great.  For the thyroid disease you have a double whammy because you have both Graves and Hashimoto's and it is the Hashi's that is difficult because it is SO sensitive to prescribed meds, either thyroid hormone blocking drugs or thyroid replacement drugs.  I know a lady who got her double disease under control by using natural methods like Bugleweed, Motherwort and Melissa (don't know if those last two are made up in something called Lemon Balm but I will give you more info when I find it).  I also know of a lady who posted to this Board and she had only Hashi's but could not get her levels under control until she used Regular L-Carnitine.  She is just fine now, very stable and she has given me permission to share her email/Board postings so I will send that to you privately as well.  I am sure I can say for everyone on this Board that we are rooting for your recovery and we care, so after digesting all this information and making positive choices as an empowered patient, please keep us informed of your progress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.