What are these mystery bumps? Please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Suddenly over the past week I have been getting these Very itchy and swelling bumps All over my body!

i'm not sure if I am getting bit by something? sad

I have washed my whole bedding and hoovered every single thing, There is nothing to see by eye and I haven't had these bites for months now.

Please help! I can't sleep because of it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, have you checked your mattress by the binding on the edges, have you any pets, have you been sitting out on the grass, they do appear to be bites or could be at a push a viral infection, because there widely spread across your body and not in large blocks it doesn't look like an allergic reaction

• Posted

I have checked everything and nothing, I have a dog but he never comes into my room..he always has a flee medicine on him too.

I am a cleaner and use chemicals every day but I would of gotten a reaction long ago if I did.

• Posted

Humm,  They do look like bites of some kind with broader patches from itching them.  I had what looked like your "swelling bumps" but not the pinpoint red dots.  I believed I was being bitten by something and the itching was driving me crazy and making everything worse.  Mine turned out to be hives brought on by stress.  Final exams and a friend going through a divorce, but stress can come from anything.  Also, you can develop allergies to chemicals, foods, products, etc that never bothered you before.  Have you tried an antihistamine?  Good luck finding the problem.  Itching is a bummer. 

• Posted

It is driving me crazy, they turn out to be just bumps but when I itched too much they swelled and blistered, I have been through a lot of stress lately and working double shifts for a couple a month isn't helping.

I do have sensitive skin, yesterday another bump formed on the side of my body but I hadn't been to bed or anything...but it's very itchy.

• Posted

If they have a centre point and not just a clean bump they are more likely bites,go see your local chemist or GP if they don't improve, also do not scratch them because that causes hystermin to rise to the surface which makes the swell and become itchier

• Posted

What are you doing to releve the itching?  I swear if there is a flea or a mosquito around it's gong to jump on me and bite me 10 times.  Perhaps I should come and visit you and see if I get bit. Haha.  I never had to deal with bed bugs but it sounds like you an see them if you check your mattress like in another post.  Because I get bit I have tried different anti-itch lotions and think the one with Pramoxine works best for me, but none are "great".  Good luck finding what's going on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.