What are these red lumps at the back of my throat!?

Posted , 12 users are following.

im really scared

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

following

• Posted

thank you, do you have any idea what it could possibly be?

i had unprotected sex with somebody this time last year and also had oral sex, ive never looked at the back of my throat before so i dont know if its normal or not. i have got the doctors on monday morning so ill keep you updated

• Posted

I have these bumps with multiple symptoms I got it after risky exposure.my tests for hiv are negative I am still worried

• Posted

what are your symptoms? i dont have any symptoms whatsoever but im scared too, i thought i had HPV. i do have the doctors tomorrow. i got it after unprotected sex

• Posted

I do same bumps as well as multiple symptoms like white tongue,sleeping problem,dry mouth ...what your doctor told you?

• Posted

ive been for an STI check and im getting the results in about one week so i will tell you as soon as i get them

• Posted

I have the same. Ever figure out what it was?

• Posted

Do you have any other symptoms?

• Posted

nope, none at all. i feel absolutely fine, its just them red lump looking things in my throat

• Posted

i have HPV and i also have these bumps and my doctor made some tests and everything was negative. so she told me its not HPV, thats its normal, it can appear after flu.

• Posted

This would be called cobblestone throat, it is harmless. It doesn't mean you have herpes. Cobblestone throat usually means infection, acid reflex, puking, or thicker mucus. It can be caused from more and it can be treated. Your best guess is to go to a doctor and see what they have to say.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.