What are these symptoms?

Posted , 6 users are following.

so i feel like my anxiety has got better now maybe even gone, but i am still getting physical symptoms. could it be that i have been right all along and my symptoms wasn't down to anxiety at all but something else. im still getting daily headaches, diziness, fast heart beat, numbness in face and arms, chocking feeling and clicking in throat. i have been stressed the past couple of weeks but i dont feel overly stressed. i just dont believe they can be anxiety related when i am no longer anxious. i feel like the dr doesnt listen to me anymore or take me serious because he sees i had anxiety and just blames it on that - i dont know what to do

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You have everything I have.. Some days under control some days not.. You are correct to question it but you need to learn when to stop questioning it.. The day you stop question in g it is the day you will be better for good..

I've. Not had a phsyical symptom for 9 days.. Not that I'm counting but I have tried to keep busy exercise (which helps the fast heartbeat when you bring it up to exercise pace) you will be fine. Long journey it started for me 8 months ago completely out of the blue and so random but if you really analyse and joy down everything you will see patterns emerging and learn ways to break them

• Posted

Really sounds like classic anxiety symptoms. I felt exact way as you that when I went to doctors they would just see my anxiety record and say it was that. But everything always came back fine. I eventually stopped going to doctors as found it made me worse. Took very long time to heal but you will get there. Anxiety is awful and can cause so many different unbelievable symptoms if a had not gone through it myself I wouldn't have believed it. Sometimes stress sneaks in and we don't even know it. Just after baby and found myself having panic attack and it's just simply due to lack of sleep. Symptoms I used to suffer from before was lump in throat..couldn't eat...dizziness...feeling of being spaced out and like a wasn't on this planet..migraines...blurred vision... heavy chest.. racing heart... palpitations the list could go on and every single test came back clear.. once I accepted I was ok.. it took months to convince my brain.. it's not easy... couple of years I was stuck this way.. But slowly but surely I got better... so don't give up you can and will get better... x

• Posted

Hi Heather was your blurry vision related to your migraines or anxiety?

• Posted

Doctors said migraines but I never got headache after it so am not sure. With my anxiety when it was at its worst my senses heighten where I feel and see every little thing if that makes sense every shadow..lights go for me..noise etc I couldn't bare the noise of television as it made me nervous.. That all took long time to calm down... my faith has played a huge part of my recovery to be honest x

• Posted

The doctors say mine is related to migraine too, but I am also perimenopausal, so I am not too sure. I also notice EVERYTHING since my first migraine aura two months ago.

• Posted

Yeah it's awful I understand completely I was so unwell with this for best part if 2 years was never out the doctors I've had every test done from blood tests to mri to ecg as I just couldn't accept it and then one day I just decided am not going back to doctors anymore it was making me worse. I felt like I needed the the re assurance but at same time it didn't help my anxiety it caused health anxiety... it took a long time to get better as a needed to heal from all the adrenallin id let myself stay under for months..I used to listen to relaxing white noise and try and relax off youtube... I went small walls for excersise.. just little things but it made all the difference. It's a day at a time but once you give your body down time from all the worry and stress it eventually goes away.. It's easy for me to say i know as people used to say it to me and I thought that I was stuck that way but time is definitely a healer..

• Posted

Sorry my phone keeps changing my words. Hope you understood that.

• Posted

I agree that at first I needed the reassurance from the doctors and the tests. Now, it just gives me more anxiety. I just want to be better! And, I really just wish this aura thing never happened to me. Hopefully, it will get better with time. Thank you!

• Posted

• It is still anxiety! I am in exactly the same position as you. I haven't had anxiety issues since around July. So 5 months have gone by, I feel very good mentally and it is sooo nice. But I still have physical symptoms all the time??... In August I had the swaying, on the boat dizzy feeling ALL the time, it was so annoying. I thought I had vertigo but nope! Then in Sep/oct I was having chest pains and chest tightness. I felt short of breath a lot. Now lately I'm dealing with stomach issues and itching of my skin (mostly my neck/arms).
    • I asked my therapist about this and she said it is very normal/common. The reason we still have physical symptoms even when we don't feel anxious is bc even though you may feel calm mentally, being in an anxious state sends your body into a fret basically, it throws it out of whack. Your nervous system is temporarily "damaged" from all the stress/anxiety you've gone through and it needs time to heal and go back to normal. Sometimes it can take days, weeks, or months - depends on how bad you stressed yourself out.
    • Before July I was having bad anxiety every day for about a year, which is a long time for your body to be in a stressed state lol. So I'm assuming that's why it's taking a while for me to go back to normal. And it's obviously nothing seriously wrong with me bc my symptoms change, and they also lessen/go away when I'm distracted - so that shows it's all anxiety still.
  • Posted

hmm.. you know sometimes what we feel in our mind can become physical symptoms. its psychosomatic. for me, i can be stressed as hell but as soon as i check my outward appearance to be cool, calm, and collect... ill get a super huge stomach ache that just turns me over. i heard that about 95% of our serotonin is in our gut. so, when youre stressed, guess what? stomach issues. so, it wouldnt be surprising that although on the surface your anxiety might be checked it may have manifested in other ways and physical symptoms are quote common.

• Posted

i find it very interesting what you say how ever my son has got it and he has got good control as he believes its all about bacteria if he get a cold then things get out of control gets it right with some medication how ever my 6 years of hell result in my opp some 50 years a go there was not the same medication as today watch your in take as some times the same food can be upsetting and fine the next time even the air you breath can up set things the air you breath has tons of bacteria witch get into your body for example this cold winter even rain after a long dry spell would up set me that would be about a week or so as the new water came through now what do you think i hope this find this interesting

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.