What are you most annoying anxiety symptoms

Posted , 11 users are following.

Whether you're on medication or not what symptoms bother you the most?

Mine are the following:

Dizziness

Butterfly in the stomach

Doom feeling

Heart palps

Nervousness

Feeling like I'm going crazy

Giddiness/ feeling excited for no reason

Share yours

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh I forgot the dreaded dry mouth I hate that one so much :-(
    • Posted

I hate the detached feeling just feeling on edge in general is so annoying
    • Posted

I hate the feeling on edge symptom too. I have it from the moment I wake up to the time I fall asleep. I never used to get the detached feeling until I read about it and now my brain just likes to throw that one into the mix every now and then. I'm slowly taking the sting out of all those feelings but it's taken 7 months to find what works for me.

• Posted

Hi i suffer from anxiety too and i just hate the pressure head feeling its there constantly throughout the whole day until i fall aslp and when i wake up in the morning its back.is this normal?how can i get rid of it :-(
    • Posted

No I decided against taking meds as I have been on them before and I felt like I became dependent on them. I tried cbt again and it worked for some of my issues but not all. I am now trying counselling and I find it so much better. When I feel like I am being overwhelmed by my anxiety I say to myself over and over again "it's just anxiety and it's not dangerous" it takes the power out of the symptoms I get.

• Posted

Hi shani, I have suffered with this symptom also. It would be there constantly along with my other ones. It wasn't until I saw my counsellor and she said the more I think about the symptoms the more persistent and or worse they get. She told me to acknowledge and accept them quickly as soon as I noticed them appearing. It took me a while to get the hang of it and now I'm slowly making improvements.

• Posted

How did you accept it and what do you do when the pressure is there? Ive never taken tablets for anxiety yet cos i do not want to rely on them.im scared to go to the doctors incase they say i have brain tumour etc.my anxiety happend when my husband came home one day and he told me his friends father in law has passed away due to a brain stroke and since i heard that my mind jus felt as if it went blank and im the one whos got the brain stroke since then anxiety has taken over.sometimes i feel like commiting suicide.i talk to my family about the pressure but they dont understand arghhhh.maybe one day i will give up and kill myself
    • Posted

Another thing which is really stupid is i keep repeating things in my head soooo many times and after like 5 mins im still repeating even after an hour and so on it just goes on and on.i keep telling myself im gona be mental
  • Posted

Butterfly in the stomach

Doom feeling

Nervousness

Black1492

• Posted

Usually my anxiety targets my relationships with people I care for , for example I feel cold and distant and it makes me feel like an awful person . My anxiety targets anytime I'm in a social situation . Public speaking , meeting new people , I feel co start fatigue , lose of appetite and sometimes gains appetite . The list goes on and on . Have you ever considered going to therapy for your anxiety?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.