What are your BV symptoms?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello! Before being diagnosed with BV I never even knew of it. Since then and with much research, I have come to realize many of us have a variety of different symptoms. Curious to know if any of you struggle with the same symptoms as well? Mine started out with a feeling as if I were "dry" down there, excess discharge and the smell! Since taking several rounds of antibiotics the smell is no longer there, however I still have a dry feeling, my skin feels as if I have razor burn most days and air bubbles/pelvic floor spasms. Curious if anyone else has similar symptoms, or if I may be dealing with something other than BV?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

my symptoms are yellow watery discharge somedays and other days i dont get any. i dont have a smell luckily but the first time i ever got bv i did have some chemical smell which was weird but after antibiotics the smell went away but now im left with the yellow discharge every month after my period.

• Posted

yes, I have this as well!! Do you have any treatment that you seem to think helps? I have found hot baths with sea salt and baking soda ease the symptoms a bit!

• Posted

yes i have hot baths with sea salt now and they do help. but now what ive started to do is soak an organic tampon in boiling water and sea salt and leave for 30 minutes than i insert it and let it sit for about 2 hours twice a day. try this for 3 days and see how u go..

• Posted

i typically get the most common symptoms- the fishy odor, discharge, and the feeling of little cuts or abrasions on my vagina. I also get a weird and kind of gross symptom that i hardly ever hear about. it may be due to the increased discharge, but i get this kind of residue all over my vulva that will clump up when touched/rubbed. (i used to think it was my skin peeling.) it's very annoying and i end up cleaning down there multiple times every day to get rid of it

• Posted

the cuts and abrasion feeling is the worst for me! Do you use anything to help with this? I have tried several ointments but have not found anything to completely take the pain away.

• Posted

my BV symptoms are abnormal discharge, sometimes thick white and sometimes a yellow color, and the worst of it all the fishy smell!

• Posted

yea I know what you mean I get feelings that I've cut myself down there or another sore is coming up .

but the worst by far is the smell

I'm buying a new mattress ( honestly lol ) cuz I just feel like the bv smell is in every fiber possible but I only started getting the smell go into fabrics after trying boric acid could just be a coincidence though.

definitely understand the nagging pains though .

• Posted

i have yellowish discharge, smells awful like fish most times, and sometimes lower abdominal pain put it eases with a hot water bottle

• Posted

I hate that so many of you are suffering as well. I hope we can all find a cure and releif. Do any of you ever have burning right before urinating or during?

• Posted

I was just recently diagnoised and have a painful feeling all the time.

its not severe but I'm very much aware of my area at all times.

There is a slight discharge, not too stinky and its worst when I exercise.

I hope it clears up soon without RX.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.