what are your thoughts

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 51 I've not had a period since September 2013.  Yesterday I feld like i had a discharge.  when I check myself I had a clear discharge and found red blood.  I said what is this my period after all this time.  About a week ago I was experiencing very sore breast but i do have cysts and my breast alway swelled and were sore before a period onset.  I thought maybe it was due to purchasing two new bra's but it was not that at all.  Although I'm not flooding it appear to be my normal monthly cycle with no pain. Last I had a bad case of hot flashes and night sweat for about 6 months that just stop on my 1 year anniversary of no periods.   I too hate going to doctors I had to be put to sleep for my colon check last year.  I'm going to the doctor and letting her know she is a good doctor.  I dont know if gaining 20 pound and being stressed cause this or not.   I must say I've enjoyed reading your experiences its calm me down a lot. 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

some women have bleeding after they are in menopause.  this happened to my friend (bleeding, weight gain) and they put her on hormones.  talk to your gyne about all of this for sure. 
  • Posted

Thank you for your comment will do
  • Posted

Hi, your gp will want to know about any post menopausal bleed. You may need to be referred for a scan, but worth doing for peace of mind. I had this checked out in February too, and was found to be ok. Good luck and organise a treat for afterwards!
  • Posted

Definitely get yourself checked out but it is far from unknown for a period to happen up to two years after they have stopped, and at 51 you are quite young.
  • Posted

Hi there,

I am new at all this so not even sure if this discussion is recent or last year. I am just curious as you mention having to have a scan ? was that because you had a period or discharge after a year of no periods?? I have to have a scan as i had a surprise last month after nothing for over a year.

Thank you for any information on this in advance!

• Posted

The scan information came from another person not me. No worry I am new to this also
    • Posted

Hi Foxy, not sure if you have had any other replies, if you have had any bleeding after 6 months with nothing you should report it to your Dr. and he may refer you for a trans vaginal ultrasound which actually is not at all unpleasant lol, unlike a smear test!  It is almost certainly nothing to worry about but better safe than sorry.
  • Posted

Hi There,

Not sure if I am replying to the correct person but thanks for your comments. I have not had a bleed as such just white discharge followed by brown spotting.. I have had white discharge on and off years but this felt like a period. Anyway I have just had a blood test and having a scan on Saturday. I just wondered what the Dr said to you if it was you who suddenly had discharge after 2 years??

Thanks for your time.

• Posted

Hi Foxy, brown discharge would be old blood, so many things cause bleeding after the menopause almost all of them harmless, it's almost normal lol, still, we have to report it.  Good luck with the scan results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.