What bathing suit to wear

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was hoping someone can give me some advice as to what kind of bathing suits to wear. I'm going to Florida and want to go to the beach but can't seem to find something that will hide my hs. My armpits are fine I just need to have something to hide my thighs and butt . I would appreciate it if some could tell me where u get a concealing suit.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Look for styles that are more retro or styles that are full on shorts like a tankini with shorts maybe? They tend to cover more. Surf clothing tends to cover more so you could have a look at that as well, maybe in surfing/diving stores online. It really is hard to find. Skirted suits are good as well but I don't much like the look of them. Mine is from Debenham's and it has a sort of drape over the front and a slightly lower leg. It doesn't come down far enough to cover much but I feel okay in it.

• Posted

Hi

Maybe you could get a bathing suit with a little skirt or fringes? You should check online to see if can find anything you like.

Or you could consider a suit that doesn't hide it. I have a few scars on my butt and inner thighs. I wear a "normal" bikini bottom - maybe because I'm just extra accepting of myself right now. You should be too. Remember that you are beautiful smile

• Posted

I probably wouldn't care if it was just scars but I have lumps 24/7 down there... It sucks.

• Posted

I'm the same, I haven't worn a bikini for years. Please always ask why I wear board shorts. I wish I could wear a bikini but I'm not even comfortable in my underwear!

• Posted

Try a sarong over your bathing suit bottoms, whether it's a bikini or swim shorts. You can wear it in the water and they come in different lengths and colors! You can find them at your Walmart or any department store,or online. They're cute and will give you the coverage you want.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.