What benefits can i apply for?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm in receipt of pip enhanced daily living allowance & standard rate mobility. I was unable to get esa due to lack of national insurance contributions. Also my wife works 32 hours weekly. What other benefits would i be able to apply for? Many thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tim,

Your wife could claim disability working tax credits for you because of your Enhanced daily living award. If she claims tax credits has she told them about your award? If you rent your home you maybe entitled to some housing benefit, but this would depend on your wife Income. Other than that, that's it i'm afraid. You won't be entitled to Income Related benefits because your wife works 32 hours. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks Denise.

We've applied for the severe disability element of tax credits. Forms have been sent that requires a doctors signature. I don't think i'm entitled to the disability element of working tax credits because that's dependent on me working. My wife will get £6 a week extra from tax credits starting April 2018.

• Posted

You're welcome. Yes the severe disability element is what i meant. No you won't be entitled to the other as you need to be working for that one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.