What Bit Me?: Post Insect Bite Skin Symptoms (Photos of Skin Reaction Included)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Community Forum Members,

I'm Evelyn, and while I was outside I got bitten by an insect (which I didn't see) on my right hamstring and calf. I'm wondering:

1. What bit me, and
  2. Do you recommend that I see a doctor for this, or treat this at home?

I'm experiencing the same symptoms with both bites. The skin around them is, of course, very warm and red-- and the skin is also tough (when I push down, my skin feels firm/hard). I've gotten many mosquito bites in my life, and I've never had this skin tightening reaction before.

My right calf feels tight to walk on (and the skin around the hamstring bite is tight as well). I can walk, it's simply tight. These bites don't itch.

These are the only physical symptoms I'm experiencing related to these bites. If you could give me more information (tailored to my 2 questions above), I'd appreciate that.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I see you posted this a day ago. If this is no better and especially if the redness is spreading you should see a doctor. You can also try an anti histamine tablet...one per day. No idea what bit or stung you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.