What body wash and cream has been suggested for LP suffers? What would they recommend?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had OLP and also VLP for years. I haven't had a breakout on my skin for several years but recently had a breakout on my chest. I remember the dermatologist telling me to use a certain soap and cream on a regular basis which I have failed to do . I wanted to hear what LP suffers would recommend before I go back to the doctor. I've learned more from this support group .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

cetraben is a really good emolient, you can wash in it and use as a moisturiser.. the doctor can prescribe it also.

i too have had lp many years but now it affects me in many ways, i think as we get older after the menopause thats when the symptoms start, how old are you.. i am almost 62

• Posted

cetraben is a really good emolient, you can wash in it and use as a moisturiser.. the doctor can prescribe it also.

i too have had lp many years but now it affects me in many ways, i think as we get older after the menopause thats when the symptoms start, how old are you.. i am almost 62

• Posted

I am 78! I think I've had LP my whole life. when I was very young, probably 7 or 8 I had sores

all over my calves. The doctor told my mother that I was allergic to grass. I remember my mother putting purple medicine on each sore, probably gentian violet (does that even still exist?) when I was in my 30s I had a ring of sores around my wrists. A doctor told me that that was lichen planus. he said it would go away eventually. Ive had large breakouts on my arms and legs and was prescribed Clobetasol Ointment, but the very worst is the attack on my genital area. Ive had that for about 9 years. the dermatologist prescribed Clobetasol also.

I am supposed to use that every night. when my vagina was closing up she prescribed Estradiol to use twice a week. My urethra was also closing so I had a urologist open it up.

I have more or less decided some form of LP would be with me for the rest of life.

recently I had two or three spots on my neck that I was sure was LP. I put the steroid ointment on the spots and they have gradually gone away No blistering! No spreading!

oh then remembered that I should be using a special soap and lotion. My skin is very dry.

I ordered the Cetraben Emollient from Amazon.

Since I live in the south it is getting very hot. Time to get out my summer skirts - worn without panties - keeps me cool and dry.

Thank you Karen for responding. I would like to hear how you are doing.

• Posted

i use nothing but a soy baste soap because i have a ls rash and it seems to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.