What can a bladder ultrasound show?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My GP as requested a bladder ultrasound due to frequent urination. Some days up to forty times a day. Also when i am trying to sleep at night, it feels like something is pressing on my bladder giving me the urge to urinate but sometimes not actually needing too. This could be up to ten times before I fall asleep. Any ideas what could be causing this????

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer

I had/have a feeling of "something" pressing on my bladder.At first the Dr thought I had an overactive bladder and I was put on medication which didn't work. I had a bladder ultrasound and it showed a large fibroid in my womb which is pressing on my bladder.(they can be small, medium or large - or more than one) If you look them up you will see they are rarely cancerous which is one of the first things that we tend to worry about.

I'm not on any medication.I found the more I thought about it, the more I could feel it. It has been a couple of years now and most times I don't notice it. I am able to live with it without it interfering in my life too much. Once I knew what it was I started to worry less and stopped thinking about it constantly which meant I didn't need to go to the toilet as much. (though I still go quite often)

Of course I can't say that's what you have and I know other women experience pain or bleeding with fibroids. We are all different and I can only tell you my experience and symptoms.

I hope your scan goes well. Good luck

• Posted

Vickys answer about fibroids is a good point. It could also be a prolapse of one of your gynae parts. Good luck with the ultrasound.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I will have to research fibroids as not sure what it is. I also possibly have Lupus. So i thought it also could be a symptom of that?

• Posted

Hi Jennifer

I don't know much about lupus but you are right it can make you urinate frequently. Marina's suggestion could be right too.Not knowing is horrible.

Hopefully you will find out soon what is wrong and I hope they are able to do something to relieve your discomfort.

Vicky

• Posted

Thanks Vicky. The not knowing is horrible. I've been unwell since May with numerous other symptoms. Which all point to Lupus. I know that diagnosing it takes time unfortunately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.