what can and cant i do?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So far iv noticed that after my op my left leg still doesnt bed the way its meant to which is highly annoying but iv lived with it all my life and can continue to live with that issue.

My main question is what things in life may i not be allowed to do? Would i be able to go horse riding, do gymnastics, go on rides and other things that are hugh inmpact on bones.

My other thought is considering im only 20 I do from time to time go clubbing although obviously havent for a long time due to the pain. But what would happen if i had a few to many and were to fall, am i going to become paranoid about having nights and become even more antisocial?

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks !

I swim also, and I use an underwater ipod, a must have for swimming laps.

• Posted

Interesting - may need to investigate this for my brother-in-law!

Thanks.

• Posted

I would address these questions to your orthopedic surgeon. You will be restricted from doing many things now until your complete recovery. I hope you will continue to improve.
  • Posted

Hi sarah, 

I agree with all comments - you are still so young and no wonder you have all these questions, darling ... 

it is not easy for anybody to tell you what you can or cannot do - they, the doctors, can advise you only based on the surgeries - falling is always a big risk of falling - hence the many THR's due to falls ..

understandably that you are getting impatient - 

I think that you are doing great -- all the things that you can do now ... swimming is good for you and it sounds that you enjoy that - 

so many times someone posts something like: My doctor told me I can never ride again , and there will be so many responses of members who are back to horseback riding or skiing - 

you are on your way and, per your docoter , can do anything, with caution ...

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

falling : risk of breaking something rolleyes(duh)

P.S. how di your exam go?????

• Posted

Thankyou. Im just concerned my life us going to be just as restrictred as it was before the surgery and if thats the case all i can think is whatcwas the point haha
    • Posted

I actually think it went really well. Got my next one on the 9th then my first physio class after haha
    • Posted

I so understand this emotion -  

sometimes, when I feel this way ( and that is many times ) I tell myself to take a deep breath , all the way down and make peace with where I am , instead of wishing I were somewhere else ... 

it helps, sometimes just for 1 minute, but it does help me ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.