What can cause hives??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last year in May I had a massive breakout in hives, all over my body with swelling aswell. For a few months they disappeared.

I am now having to take antihistamines once every 2 days as they have come back, everytime I wake up I get them, it seems like it's everytime I'm at home I get them. I also feel sick through the day with headaches. Just a feeling of illness

I had a blood test last year in May which showed my liver enzymes are higher than normal, having a retest today. I also have hashimotos autoimmune.

I have read other things like cancer can cause hives too??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

greetings,

I'm sorry that you are currently experiencing discomfort, I can relate 100% to what you are feeling. Unfortunately, hives can be caused by many things: exposure to heat or cold, pressure, autoimmune disease, exposure to mold, reactions to medication, and in my case, foods, and stress.

It appears that issues have been uncovered via your lab testing. Perhaps you should begin your research at Hashimoto's and elevated liver enzymes, In order to search for any possible connection between your hives and these issues. Your hives may disappear once these issues have been addressed. If not, I would recommend that you visit an immunologist and/or a naturopathic doctor for further assessment.

Improved health to you!!

• Posted

Hi

First of all so sorry you have to deal with these.. I have had them for over 2 years and take a xolair shot every month.. Very occassionally now do i have an outbreak.. But when i try to stop the shot they come back with a vengance .. None of my drs know why i have them.. I do however had hashimotos disease which can be a cause but it is getting under control so hoping someday to stop the xolair..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.