What can diabetics eat ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello my mum has diabetes and she is trying to Control it I was wondering what she is allowed to eat cereals and things like that I have looked online but can't seem to find something what she needs. it's all posh stuff I know she's not allowed carbs but I can't seem to find things with out it I know 50/50 bread and brown paste she is allowed buts she can't live off that forever...

Thanks in advance

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Salt is a dietary requirement but like every thing else you can have too much. Salt is in everything even candy bars so you should be getting plenty, unless of course you don't eat any processed foods. That aside you could try adding a little to each meal, either that or stop spinning! I don't add salt to anything I eat, not with chips, eggs or anything else, my processed food intake provides me with plenty. Have you considered seeing your GP, there may be another cause.!
  • Posted

I was told to have most normal foods but in limits for example, 4 to 5 fruits and vegtables a day. The amount is key, 1/2 cup of cooked fruits or vegtables is a serving Raw is one cup BUT high sugar ones grapes and cherries ia 15. A serving of starch is 1/2 cup. That is rice beans potatoes noodles chips corn ect. The amt of meat is the size of a deck of cards. Avoid anything that has added sugars a small amount once in a while if levels are good is ok on special occasions. Protien helps slow the metabolization of sugars and starches. Can help provide stability. This is how I deal with it and eat mostly fresh foods. I also use frozen fruit with a bit of milk in my mini blender and make like a ice cream for desert and counts to my fruit. I hope this helps you all.
    • Posted

Ty I should add that the Dr. should advise how many carb servings per day ect. Like for ex. 5 fruits and vegtables for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.