what can I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

got out of hospital a couple of week ago for taking an overdose, woman I spoke to from the crisis team said I had 3 options; be discharged back to my doctors, be under their care or go and stay in a psych hospital. I said discharge me back to my doctor, just because I wanted to leave asap, I hadn't slept all night and the other people on my ward were creepy. since then, I have become extremely paranoid, I'm sure somebody is constantly watching me. my blinds and curtains are always shut, every door is shut and I seclude myself in one room. even then I'm sure someone's there. I hear banging at night. I'm still very suicidal. when I go to work I have to stop myself stepping out infront of a car. I work in a oharmacy and the temptation to steal meds to overdose on is overwhelming. I don't know what to do I don't want to carry on anymore

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please don't hurt yourself! Please talk to someone, call the Hotline! Do you have someone to talk to?
  • Posted

Hi Danielle, your clearly not well and suggest you contact the crisis team straight away and advise them exactly what you've put in the post, it's entirely your choice but perhaps being under their care is what uou need and feel more comfortable with than hospital.

Perhaps discuss options and what each option entails so you can make an informed decision.

Neil 

Neil 

• Posted

Danielle

How have things been over Christmas? As others do I hope you are OK.

I hope that you have had a nice Christmas with family or friends.

I don't know which country are in but in the UK you do have a right to have adjustments made to your work situation to take account of any health problems. Maybe whilst you are in your current state of mind it might be best if you are in not such close proximity with drugs.

About 20 years ago I obtained a typing job at the Poisons Information Unit attached to Guys Hosptal in London. Not such a good idea for someone with suicidal ideation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.