What can I do

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I'm living with my mum and step dad and every night I cry myself to sleep becasue I want to live with my dad. I feel like I want to kill myself but then I think: I can't do this to my dad. I love him so much but my mum won't let me live with him. This is having an impact on my life and my school grades because I'm constantly dreading going home to see my mum I just want to be with my dad. Please help me with this problem. I don't want to tell me mum about anything. Please help me

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Malcolm, just a few questions before i can give you some advice as your description is a bit vague.

Can i firstly ask how old you are? If you don't mind.

And why do you dread going home to see your mum?

Why wont your mum let you live with your dad?

Is your step dad alright with you?

Are you having major issues at home you can't work through?

Why has all this upset you so much that you want to kill yourself?

Have you seen a doctor about your suicidal thoughts?

If you could answer these as beat you can and i think the people on here and myself would be able to help you.

Danielle

• Posted

Have you talked to your dad about this? You say you don't want to talk to you mom about it, but do you feel comfortable talking to him about it?
  • Posted

Yes he says wait till I'm 15 and then he'll ask my mum and if she says no then they will go to court. But If he does then I desperately need him to win. I want to be with him sad
  • Posted

Danielle. I am 13. I dreAd going home because my mum ain't nice to be around. She doesn't tell me why she doesn't want me to live with my dad she just prevents me. He's ok he influences my mum so sometimes she is nasty. They aren't that major but the are enough to make me cry myself to sleep every night. Because I get sad and I'm beggining to hate my mum. No I haven't seen a doctor. If I asked my mum to see one. She would fob me off and say don't be silly
  • Posted

Hi Malcolm, sounds like your going through a hell of a time at such a young age Hun. I'm 24 so i cant really remember what its like to be that old, but i remember my some of my teen years and it cant be easy going through all that, plus adolescence and feeling like you cant do anything about it :-\

Have you had a look for help lines for children? ... I don't like calling you a child btw its just adult help lines are either for over 16's or over 18's. They will be able to give you some good advice and are usually free to call.

I keep forgetting you have to be over a certain age to see a doctor on your own, will no other family member help you with this? I don't know if it has to be your mum or if an auntie or some other family member cant take you.

Either way you need to see someone about these suicidal thoughts, that I'm sure of, its not healthy for someone of your age to be thinking about things like that when you should be enjoying these young years of your life. You shouldn't be stressing yourself out luv, not to the point where its this bad anyway.

I can have a look for helpline numbers and post them on here if you like? Or private message you them? Its up to you anyway, if you'd rather i not then that's fine.

Have you tried talking to your mum about the stress your under, I'm not saying about moving in with your dad, clearly she has her mind made up on that issue, but try talking to her about how unhappy you are and how low your feeling, as a mother she should be the one to help you through these things or find someone who can.

If you need to talk further please don't hesitate and i will get back to you as soon as possible, or private message me, up to you.

Hope things get better for you mate.

Danielle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.