What can I do as I'm hungry and have to do a colonoscopy tomorrow

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm feeling very hungry. I don't know specific about what to eat or not. I wasn't well informed by the nurses. I'm feeling very hungry. I got a drug that I took for cleaning my bowel with diarrhea. How do I get away from feeling hungry? Is rice eatable?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You have to empty 24hrs for the test. You eat clear jello and clear liquid but not color type. If you an mot empty,you don't do the test. Try to eat clear liquid suffs or posting the test. Don't suffer yourself my cheating with food. Good luck.

• Posted

No you can only have clear liquids like chicken broth, popsicles no red or blue but clear jello like lemon lime. Water or Apple juice. No solid food. Of you can see through it than you can eat it.

This is very important they will cancel your test of your colon is not clean and clear to get an accurate test.

I hope this helps good luck to you.

• Posted

wouldn't lemon lime be green? We were told nothing green, red. ;-) yes, no blue makes sense too. Orange (even this is yellow and red) seems to just pass it. Probably green then too, but we were told not to eat green colour at all. ??

• Posted

or maybe it's yellow.

Yellow is for sure fine.

Go for it.

And isn't it funny, we were given AFTER colonoscopy ham/cheese sandwiches (also yoghurt and jello) and then read, that one should be careful with food straight after clean out and colonoscopy and rather stay with mash and soup and probiotics for 3 days afterwards and introduce food after total clean out slowly again. ...

Nobody says this and also the food offered was exaclty oposite of 'gentle food introduction'. I don't like ham (cheap mass farm production) anyway, so skipped that, but just funny what is offered in a clinic, where you think they know what they are doing. ??

So right, one has to search internet and ask in forums to get a sense of do and don'ts and put the picture together. (frustrating is the other word, isn't it)

• Posted

Go on internet and type Colonscopy and preparation for the test. All the information is there.use your technology wisely.
  • Posted

NO RICE please. This is solid food, making poo and blocking the view.

No solid food at all, also no milk (protein, milk is food, not drink)

You can eat the yellow/orange jelly snakes or whatever shape, not red, not green.

That got my child over the hungry attacks during prep fasting.

Jelly snakes (we ate the ones with no artificial colour, made of glucose, sugar, thickener, gelatine, fruit juice) dissolve,

hence are like liquid and cause no poo, but you must not eat red or green as they colour the gut walls and might give wrong look.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.