what can I take for back pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a female golfer and I have had my gall bladder removed. I also have a herniated disc and pinched nerve in my back. So, when I am finished playing golf some time I have back pain

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ann if I were you I would find another sport or activity because playing golf is evidently aggrivating your herniated disc and pinched nerve.  You need to relax and youve had a gall bladder removed?  I would call you superwoman but unfortunately we don't have a magic belt to change our body into a brick house.  I'm sorry, I know you are probably really into golfing but, it twists your body and can only aggrivate your problem and who wants surgery.  Strengthen your body, and watch golf instead of playing golf.  I wish you good health
  • Posted

Back pain is no joke . I slipped a disc tore my muscels stretched my ligaments . Result is sciatica nerve damage unable to sleep . At first my injury was bearable 3 years later im waking up in tears unable to work . Just be careful keep an eye on it . I carried on working 15 months after my accident now iv got an old mans back .
  • Posted

Ann I can tell you that acupuncture does work for back pain. I have arrived at my acupuncturists doubled up and came out walking straight. It is one of the things that really does the trick. Find one who is qualified and a member of the UK Acupuncturists Association or some such. You will see a marked improvement especially in the lower back. Nothing like back pain is there, seems to jar the body throughout. I can't recommend acupuncture for what I have, a fractured shoulder cuff. But it does work on the back. I wish you pain free days very soon.
  • Posted

Why don't you just give up golf and take up walking instead?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.