What can this be?

Posted , 2 users are following.

im a teenager. on my lower forearm, the two spots you see in the picture is where i think it might be a lump below the skin. When i press it, it kinda has a circular shape and is soft and hard? It hurts to press after playing sports too much but it doesnt hurt if i dont do sports activites. I think its been 2 years since i had this and only began to actually notice it earlier this year. it really hurts if i move my forearm too much. Also if you can see in the picture, there is a little red spot. do you what can that be?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like tendonitis. If it is really troubling you then rest, ice packs, and an anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen may help There are various simple exercises you can try. Try searching the internet...you should find some to do. I dont think the red spot is connected and is harmless.

If the pain gets worse you may need to see your doctor for advice.

• Posted

I'm sure its not tendonitis because tendonitis is when your affected part hurts while moving it right?

mine doesn't hurt while moving but it does only when i touch those two spots on my forearm, it hardens and pains. No movement involved

and after resting for about a day, minimal pain is left.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.