What can we do for this itchy skin ladies ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Any self help or treatments tried and tested for itchy skin ladies due to menopause and thanks who posted saying their having the same thing which is driving them mad !  x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I use sanex shower gel and pure shea butter as a moisturiser, my skin is so dry now, I have olive skin and it used to be soft and supple but not anymore, I wish I hadn’t taken it for granted x
  • Edited

I’ve been using virgin coconut oil, the solid in a jar. It’s not greasy and smells really good plus no scary parabans, etc.
  • Posted

hi Alineenee I am 10 years post meno and have found the best relief from dry skin is organic coconut oil make sure its cold pressed you can get it in Walmart
  • Posted

A bath with quick cooking oatmeal in a sock.  That ewe gooey goodness soothes everything with a rub all over the skin after the sock gets wet and soggy.  Don't rinse...pat dry.

Another one that works but not quite as well fo me is 2 cups or more of vinegar in a bath.  Balances skin ph and also helps with any issues "down there"  Like odours.  Temporarily.  For a better fix for down there odours drink pineapple juice every day.

• Posted

Thanks for your post will try the oats in the bath x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.