What caused my sister to suffer a heart attack

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. I would like to first give thanks to everyone taking there time out to read this. My sister who is 17 years old has died today of a heart attack back in my home country. My home country is 3rd world so medical treatment was not an option. My cousin came to Britain at 1 years old to seek treatment as she was born with a lump in her heart. The doctors did a load of tests and said as long as the lump didn't grow she will be fine. Now suddenly today she has had a heart attack and unfortunately passed away. She experienced no symptoms prior to this and all these years had no health problems so this has come really unexpected. My question is why after so long has this condition caused her to suddenly die. If the lump was cancerous and was growing it would of killed her just a year after she was born so I dont think the lump was growing. Anyway I was just wondering does anyone have a reasonable conclusion at what caused the heart attack. No autopsy was preformed as the country is pretty 3rd world so we may never know what truly happened. Thanks again for everyone's time

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Kamal.

My deepest sympathies and thoughts are with you. I'm not a religious person so please forgive me for not saying the normal things.

I can only say that it may have not been the lump that took her from you.

I suffered a virus attack the killed the node ìn the middle of the heart. I was lucky. My best friend passed away at age 42. Fit and healthy. We where supposed to being going out to celabrate his divorce being made legal. He wasnt feeling to well so we cancelled. He passed away next morning having a shower. The virus took out the node responsible for the signal for the heart to beat.

It's the same problem athletes have when they just die.

So in your sisters case, it may have been something else.

Please go and celebrate her life, short though it was. And live yours to the full.

Be kind to yourself. Treat others with respect. And ignore the idiots in this world who just take.

Again... my thoughts are with you and your family

• Posted

Kamal, My heart goes out to your sister and yourself. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.