What causes acne in this area?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have never had a problem with acne. im 25 and im constantly getting acne on my jaw line and near my lips but not on my lips. does anyone know what could cause this? my diet hasnt changed. image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Those areas are usually to do with your hormones. Ask to get your hormones tested to see if you may have an imbalance. It is best to get tested on day 21 of your cycle. So if you keep a period diary you can work out when that is. I get similar acne and what really helps me is Paula's Choice clear anti redness exfoliating solution. You put it on with cotton wool and it is 2% salicylic acid and it really helps with the inflammation and pain because those types of spots can sometimes be too deep and painful to pop. It is quite expensive but really worth it if your acne is painful. I have tried many other salicylic acid products and none of them helped much not like this one.

Try cutting down your sugar and if you drink alcohol give up for a bit and see if it helps, if it is your hormones, both sugar and alcohol make your skin worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.