What causes heart rate Fluctuations?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i'm a 22 male with bad anxiety, im waiting to have a heart monitor fitted for a day because i was recently emitted to hospital, they didn't find anything, my heart rate and BP was high but they put it down to stress but want to check everything. ****anyways, my heart rate at rest goes up and down all the time, its 70 and next minute its 100 and drops back down and then goes back up, i tried googling but there doesn't seem to be a actual answer to it, it doesn't seem to understand my google search and just comes up with tachycardia. Is this serious? i feel breathless most of the time and tingly and shaky and its really getting me down now.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Adrenalin release does this. It makes your heart erratic and it causes the breathlessness feeling. It's part of the fight and flight response. The reason you feel breathless is because you body is demanding more oxygen in order to run or react to a danger that does not exist. It's an inappropriate release of adrenaline.

• Posted

If you Google normal heart rate it will tell you that it is 60 to 100 bpm.

• Posted

Oh my, you're too young to be troubled with such issues. I have something like you described,

but my issue is related to repeated attacks of atrial fibrillation/flutter. I will be seeing an electrophysiologist, who is a cardiologist who specializes in the electrical system of the heart.

One of my options will be a pacemaker. To be safe I'd see someone to make sure it's not something more serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.