What causes this type of poop?

Posted , 6 users are following.

having this shape for about 2 weeks, what causes it?

is this Ibs?

Im seeing a GI next week but Im scared

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Stools can come in all shapes and sizes and diet and stress can cause them. Your doctor will need to examine you and run tests to rule out other causes before considering IBS.

• Posted

hello

mine looks exactly the same. i have stopped eating gluten and dairy products because of IBS. My stool has become better. In the past it was more fluid. Dont bother yourself because it looks normal to me. But please tell me what your GI did tell you.

• Posted

hello thank you for replying. it has improved! normal color has come back and sometimes it changes and goes back to this or goes to normal. my doctor told me to get a blood test and check for parasites. but she said Im in no danger. so dont worry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.