What cleaners/ chemicals kill threadworm eggs?

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI!

I recently found I have thread/pin worms. I have done research which says it is crucial to clean to prevent reinfection. One website says cleaning the floor with vinegar will kill eggs, the next site says viengar DOES NOT kill the eggs. Does anyone know what chemical or cleaner kills eggs?

Thank You.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Bleach will kill the ones on the floor, to kill eggs on a person swallow 3-4 cloves of garlic a day for a few days, hope this helps

• Posted

abo before you worry about the floor,make sure you have cleared yourself of the worms and also all members of your family. Have you used the medication Mebendazole? you should be able to buy it in your chemist/pharmacy. 2 doses are needed 2 weeks apart

It is then essential not to put your fingers in your mouth... as eggs are usually transferred to the mouth via fingers.

Make sure all underwear,bed linen and towels are washed at a high temperature......that is more important than washing the floor. All toys should be washed if you have a child/baby in the house

Scrubbing the floor with a floor cleaner will do the job. Or just hot water and soap. Carpets should be vacuumed thoroughly.

• Posted

I usually go round all my furniture &rugs with my steamer,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.