What clothes to take into hospital for TKR

Posted , 14 users are following.

Just wandering what to take into hospital for my TKR thought it was just nighties and dressing gown but been told to wear loose clothing for day time and flat shoes any ideas.....would you wear knee length shorts so as not to cover the wound or loose trousers HELP

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

V hi when I had my knee replacement I got some cheap jogging bottoms loose ones and I also wore a pair of sketchers I must've admit they were the best thing I bought slip on ones good luck with your op mine was last May and it's giving me my life back

• Posted

Yer I was thinking if taking my sketches in with some knee length shorts thanks debbie
  • Posted

I think I ran around the hospital naked saying I love my new knee, I love my new knee. 
  • Posted

The V.A. issued me a very loose fitting whatever and some paper foot covers. Nothing else.  So in regard to where you have it done, you many not have a choice. That thing I wore for 2 days was very revealing and there was no place to hide. No wonder the nurses were chasing me!
    • Posted

Ha ha ha matt so funny don't think I'll be running around naked it's a mixed ward but you never know depends on what's in the medication they give me lol

• Posted

And before you even leave, make sure you have some of these for tub, shower and toilet areas...  This is a MUST HAVE for home!!!
    • Posted

I'm lucky my husband is a bathroom fitter so got all the handy bits thanks Marco

• Posted

A raised toilet seat, walker and cane for at home. Also if you have steps and are planning on camping downstairs in a recliner, make sure you pack a downstairs bag (toothbrush, change of clothes, pillows,) I am sure you can think of other stuff to keep yourself comfortable.

Don't know if any one else has told you to take a charger for your phone/tablet to hospital. I also took an extension cord.

Best to you

• Posted

Thanks ellen I've just downloaded some books on my I pad got my charger packed they've said there's no wi fi at the hospital 😠 my husband is gonna be my slave for a few weeks ha ha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.