What comes after home detox?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone tell me their experiences after a one week supervised home detox?

I havent been alcohol free for many years.  The only time I had a few days wine free was when I was in hospital a couple of years ago.  As soon as I got home - straight to the wine bottle!  Its very scary for me looking into the future - no more wine - agghhhhhh.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pauline I have had two supervised home detoxes the first one I had I managed to abstain for 9 months when I was detoxing I also was given a drug called campral this is to help with the cravings after detox it helped me but it was the sheer determination that I had at the time that got me to the 9 month point but relasspsed after that point and I tried a second detox about a year later but that did not last more then a few wks my home situation at the time was not good now I am waiting to go in for a inpatient detox third time lucky ☺ I hope I wish you all the look in the world Pauline keep us posted
  • Posted

Hi pauline..good for you..I am sure that you can do it..I had countless attempts also four home detoxes and four inpatient detoxes..I was scared like you, but sober....I GOT MY LIFE BACK...there are so, so, sooooo many advantages...better physical health....a clear mind...self esteem ( amazing. ) better finances..no more awful shame. No more avoidance of many things....and very many more....you will do fine, honestly....

I wish you all the very, very, very best for your happier and healthier future...take care ...big hugs to you, DEIRDRE XXX

• Posted

Hi deirdre - thank you so much for your all your best wishes and I take those big hugs with open arms.  Unfortunately, I have had to cancel my home detox as I have to go  into hospital for an unexpected urgent medical procedure which I may say is not connected to the demon drink!  If all goes well then I have rebooked the detox.  Wish me luck!  xxxx
  • Posted

Hi pauline, I hope that your hospital stay goes well, and all is fine afterwards xx.... you will sail through your detox, and my god !!! You soon feel human again. Xxx let us know how you get on.....I wish you all the biggest best wishes and great big hugs in the world...DEIRDRE xxxx🌸🌸🌺🌺🌹🌹🌷🌷🌸

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.