What could be causing my symptoms?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 21 year old male. Recently I've noticed that my right pupil doesn't respond to light as effectively as the left. When I looked in the mirror I noticed my right pupil was bigger when I wasn't facing the lights. Then when I shone my phone flashlight on it it would constrict but was slightly larger than my left. It also tries to grow bigger in the presence of the light shining into it but not too much larger than my left eye. I've also had this recurring pain on around and behind my right eye recently. It lasts maybe a second then goes away and doesn't happen again for hours or even days so I can't keep track of it. Also, two days ago I had this headache at the top right side of my head above the ear. From what I've read this is known as a parietal or nummular headache and is quite rare. At first, it was a small sharp intermittent pain that eventually grew into a tight squeezing sensation in my head. It went away mostly that same night but I can still feel a dull sharp sensation in the same spot on my head, but it's mostly subsided. I also have been having regular tinnitus in my ear for about a month now.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Also the inner part of my right nostril feels like it get tighter then after several minutes or so it relaxes. Could these symptoms be related? I have a doctor's appointment set for the 24th but I'm dreading waiting for it everyday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.