What could be the cause of my symptoms?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having stomach issue's for about 2-3 months now. I've been reffered to have an upper endoscopy on the 30th March which is still 3 weeks away yet i'm very uncomfortable everyday. I do have IBS which I've had for years but I know it's not related because these symptoms are so different and i've never had these before. 

The symptoms i've been having and they're getting worse are:

. Upper abdominal pain, mostly to the left but occaisonally in the middle under the breastbone and to the right.

. My Stomach is so distended constantly, I look 6 months pregnant all the time. Gets worse after i've eaten and drank.

. Excessive wind. 

. Burping after/while eating

. Heartburn

. Sudden Weight Gain

. Always Fatigue

can anyone give me any advice

Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any warmth/fever or cough?

you may have some infection along with  IBS.

• Posted

Hi Rocky

I don't have a fever but I do have a cough now and then that doesn't go away and I also have a hoarse voice occasionaly. 

I think it could be an infection or an stomach ulcer maybe, just need this endoscopy to hurry up. 

Thank you.

• Posted

These symptoms do sound like an IBS flare up.  If you are bloating and belching it could be related to a food you are eating.  Have you thought about a food diary or eliminating gluten and gassy foods like broccoli, brussels sprouts and cabbage?  Have you tried the Fodmap diet?  If you are getting these symptoms after eating and drinking, it sounds like a food/dink trigger.  IBS pain tends to move about; it doesn't always stay in the one place.

Wind, hearburn and fatigue are all IBS symptoms.  I get wind and hearburn with my IBS.  Everyone is different.  IBS can change over time.  I wouldn't worry about your symptoms, they sound very familiar to me.

• Posted

I forgot to say, you can get a cough with hearburn even before you feel the acid.  I get this.  Antacids help with this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.