What could be the possibilities of what's wrong with me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It started after a night out of drinking alcohol on Halloween night, and after that, I haven't been the same and to this day I still feel weird. It feels like I'm in a dream. When I look at myself through a mirror and look at my hands it feels like I'm in a dream or somewhat not like myself and everything I see such as people and buildings seem unreal. When I talk to people I don't feel a connection like I would before and when I speak it doesn't seem like me. Even when I'm with my own family and talk to them, it feels weird. I kind of feel like I'm getting used to being a human again. My vision is messed up, it's like I miss moments in what I see and my eyes are sensitive to sunlight. I also feel like i lost my identity and my hearing isn't all there, it's like I have to really listen to understand what someone is saying. It's hard to remember things that I did throughout the day and hard to concentrate on things. I lose track of time easily and I'm going crazy wondering what is wrong with me. I barely eat and drink, sometimes it's hard for me to put sentences together, I get lonely (even though my family are around me), sad, and my thoughts are everywhere. I just want to feel normal, just like I did before I started feeling like this. I'm also going through a breakup with my ex gf of 4 years whom I have a daughter with and she has a bf already and I used to think or worry a lot about her before I got like this. I'm thinking maybe the alcohol brought out the stress and now I'm feeling like this. I hope yous can help me.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Merlin, I hope you are doing ok.  I put your situation to the withdrawal forum I am on to see if anyone had experience with your arthritis med.  One person responded saying that it sounded like depersonalization/derealization that you are experiencing.  She gave me a link to a forum for such, and I will message you with that information.  Maybe folks there can help you to figure out your next best step or whether the drug plus drinking was the culprit.
    • Posted

Yes, I'm doing fine at the moment, just busy with work. Still feeling not myself and at times, not believing this reality but I keep reminding myself that this is reality. I too believe I have both depersonalization/derealization but I would like to get an assessment from someone who deals with that type of dissociative disorder just to be sure. I would like to talk to others as well who have the same symptoms that I have just so I wouldn't feel all alone. I appreciate and thank you for getting me further help.
    • Posted

That is good, Merlin - I think that support forum will be a good place to start.  I am sending another link for Psych Central that has a forum board for DP/DR.  

Good luck!  Hopefully this is just temporary, and keeping busy with work is probably a good distraction :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.