What could be wrong?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been on Fluoxetine 40mg now for six weeks and have the oddest sensations daily. Each day brings something new. Yesterday was okay but still strange. Today, I had erratic crying spells and trembling, spaciness and some depersonalization/derealization. I just don't know how people survive this. I am so non-functional. I don't feel I'll ever be well and this just simply can't be right. I've been to countless doctors who all scratch their heads or their butts...not sure which b/c I've received no help.I feel very lost in myself and nothing like what I remember as normal. Daily, I search the net for answers, matching my symptoms to no avail. I can't work now or provide support for my son. My mother who is elderly is doing everything. I'm so desperate to be well. I can't imagine Fluoxetine working months from now if it's not now...I'm at such a loss; feeling as alien in the world...not normal at all.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kim,

i totally relate to what you are feeling, its a very difficult process. Im feeling worse the last couple of weeks, maybe its coz i had a colonoscopy and hemorrhoid banding done. I also first started out on zactin now i have lovan which is what i asked for, i feel the different brand is doing a job on me!

if only a few symptoms would improve im sure id feel better.

reading all the posts i realise fluoxetine is a slow worker, i expected improvements too soon. Im hopeful if we are patient we will see results soon. Im using a quarter tab of valium 1'25 everyday nearly just to go out and do stuff. Im very low in spirits and just want to lay on my bed, but i get up do chores, play with my cat, play games on i pad, and read books. Am i doing all the right things? I hope so! 

Kim please know that you will get through, we can do this, all of us have the power, we are stronger than we realise. Chin up, best wishes to you💐

• Posted

Thank you Carol....I think that it's just that these symptoms are just so new to me. I've always been an anxious person and had bouts of mild depression but it all escalated last spring when I had a panic attack then was put on Klonopin then Lexapro. I had these crying fits on Lexapro then tried to ween off the Klonopin too fast which I believe put me into derealized state. I think that's been the most frightening thing because everything that was familiar no longer feels the same; it's like a stroke person trying to relearn how to function. Thank you again for your support and I wish you well too. I pray this prozac does work. It's just a cruel, cruel process that if I survive it, I don't ever want to repeat. Hang in there!

• Posted

hi kim, have you tried a mood stabilzer, some are effective for refractory depression and are well tolerated , some are for the depressive side, i tied one it was effective with few side effects but for me it was not good for my balance problem
    • Posted

I haven't Anne...I guess I'm worried about starting over again...If the prozac fails to work, I may try it...thank you!

• Posted

Hello Kim,

how have you been? I hope you are feeling better now! Its pouring rain here, after  having several very hot days. I went out for a little while this morning i didnt need to take a valium, this is my third day on 40mg and my third day without valium. I feel less anxious, still worried over my health though.

Im trying to stay positive and im reading positive prozac stories, its hard though. I know how you have been feeling, every morning i wake up and think today i may feel a lot better! Nights are easier!

I send you healing vibes today🐸

• Posted

Thank you Carol...I'm glad you had some better times. I'm still about the same; every day is different and brings about one symptom or another...Today, mentally I wasn't so bad but physically, had some weak spells and sick stomach....just hard to hang on..

• Posted

Hi Kim hope your doing better today.i am suffering real bad with anxiety and maybe a little depression.so the doctor gave me Prozac 20mg but I'm soooo scared to take it.i have a small business and feel like the symptoms might have to make me close my shop down for a while..I tell my self I'm just gonna pray and do it with will power but it's getting to the point to wear I can't..I have been taking half of a 1mg Ativan that seems to just cover up the anxiety and I can cope through out the day.but when I wake up in the morning my anxiety is back bad..thoughts racing..weird thoughts...I'm just tired of it all ready and want it to stop I wanna go back to my old me..can you please keep me posted on your progress because I to suffer from depersonalize and it's scary...if you don't mind I can give you my cell number and you can message me that way...either way I hope and pray you feel better and know that your not alone..

• Posted

Hello and yes, I'll definitely keep you posted. I hope you find a good decision; one that helps you rest easy. I know how difficult it is. I've had the hardest time for nine months now, struggling with different meds and the depression and anxiety. I am zero functional. I would definitely give great consideration before you take it. Perhaps counsel with someone. Before this, I was without any meds and so much better with only period panic. Now, I suffer daily with the addition of the meds...You may even look into Dr. Kelley Brogan's, "A Mind of Your Own"....she talks about helping people in a natural way. I'm thinking of following her plan. Best wishes and prayers.

• Posted

Having some better days but still spacey and not quite right feeling...anyone knows if this subsides?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.