What could be wrong now?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

So a little background, two years ago I injured my shoulder playing American football. I played with it for two weeks then did PT for over a month. I returned to weight lifting with some success and it seemed to be fine. The next summer I took another hit to the shoulder and my season was over. I did PT on it for a month which only made it worse, and it turns out I had a very substantial tear of my labrum. It was a Bankart tear not a slap tear. So I had surgery and everything went well and now here I am almost one year removed from the surgery. I made the mistake of doing a lot of overhead lifting this summer and I am afraid I have done something to it. The pain is now back, I feel it at least a few times a day most of the time more. It feels like there is weakness most of the time with some sharp pain here and there. This is basically how it felt last year before I started PT which made it worse. I am due for my one year check up in a few weeks. Does anyone think my shoulder might just be permanently messed up or did I actually do something to it again? Any advice would help, thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to find an outstanding orthopaedic surgeon at this point and stop fooling around with everything or you do risk permanent disability of the shoulder.  Find an equally outstanding PT.  
    • Posted

Hello henpen1980

I agree with your advice, but do you personally have any suggestions?  I have been searching for a miracle ortho (anywhere in the world) for well over a year and just now coming up with a couple of names. 

I am new to this forum and look forward to learning about others' experiences with TSRs.

• Posted

Just had a Total Shoulder Replacement.  First 2 doc's wanted to do a Reverse SR.  Found a 3rd to do normal SR.   Found a great doctor in Vail Colorado...Dr Peter Millett.  Look him up.

I went from Florida to Vail just to see him.  I am now 3.5 months post surgery and have better range of motion now than I have had for the last 30 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.