What could these symptoms be, nerve related or anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

4-5 days ago i was lay in bed falling asleep, i started to feel tingles in the left of my face, this went into my arms and slightly into my legs.

I went to a+e because i'd never experienced this sensation before, CT scan was done as were reflex tests and docs said everything was ok

Since then the feeling has somewhat persisted 

I generally wake up feeling somewhat ok but a little uneasy because the sensation is bizzare and its somewhat there in the mornings.. as the day progresses i tend to feel the sensation but nothing too bad but im always thinking of it, then from nowhere it will intesify 

Theres no pain, like i was sat eating my dinner and the sensation hit, a feeling of lightheadedness, my face started to feel weird i can only explain it as like a heavyness along with a weakness and it almost feels numb and off but i still have sensation and i can still pull faces.. usually its one sided but today it hit me in my face, under the eyes and in both arms and i had the usual sense of dread.. I lay down for an hour and it helped a little 

Im now sat at my PC typing this and all that's left over is my left arm feeling funny and weaker like its tired after what happened, and my left eye is feels tired and the cheek also feels a little weak and droopy but theres no physical changes and i still have control

I did go to a walk in centre yesterday and the doc there said from the CT scan, emergency tests and from the few tests he did to check my feeling he said hes positive it isn't related to a stroke or mini stroke, even more so because its been going on for a few days now and either a stroke or mini stroke would be noticeable and a mini stroke would wear off within 5 minutes to a day

He thinks it could be anxeity related but of course i had to google and i've come across a few things such a pinched nerve... or other more serious issues i'd rather not consider 

Could a trap nerve cause this? in my face, arm and leg?.. could this really be anxeity even when it seems to be persistant and itensifies at random moments?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You could have a pinched nerve but I think that may be isolated to one particular place or even one side of your body.

As you have had tests done I would worry about it being anything else.

It sounds anxiety related to me...I get off things sometimes that persist - or seem to. They only persist because I allow it.

Do you experience this when you are busy, or when your mind is on other things?

• Posted

Oops! I meant- "I wouldn't worry about it being anything else." Haha sorry

• Posted

Im glad you corrected that i read would worry and started panicking again ahahh!
    • Posted

I have seemed to notice if im busy or occupied it tends to be less noticeable, i still notice it but im noticing a pattern of it being not so bad

For example, it was bad yesterday, i walked to the walk in centre and while walking there it wasn't so bad, after sitting in the waiting room for an hour feeling safe it was pretty much gone i just felt worn out

• Posted

I also get that a lot of tingling burning sensation on my face..have you had a blood test to see if anything is wrong also I have suffers anxiety and panic disorder your symptoms sound like a mild panic attack.. All my arms go all numb and sore then my hands start to claw then I get a chronic headache heart palpitations also even when I'm sat down I get a lot of dizziness one minute I can be feeling good laughing away next minute I will get the feeling I always think I'm on the urge of dying it's all psychological Hun have you spoken to your doctor regarding this

• Posted

Spoken breifly to one doctor and to the doctors at A+e when i first went there a few days ago.

Have an appointment with my doc this friday, hopefully have some blood tests done and speak to her about anxiety and see what she thinks smile

• Posted

I suffer trapped nerves in the neck and the feeling is not at all funny, I have pins and needles from neck to finger tip especially when driving and when this happens I bang my hand on the dashboard to clear the sensation.

I do not think you are suffering a stroke or any other nasty condition, it is most probably to do with sleeping in a bad position that limits the blood flow or rstricts a nerve in the shoulder/arm.

I suffer trapped nerves from my spine to both hips, and I suffer sciatica for long periods. That can be very painful.

I do not feel you need to be conerned the tests you have had would show anything serious. 

With regards your face when did you last see your dentist, or are your ears canals blocked your ears can cause dizziness

Personally I feel you suffer Anxiety and you read to much into your body and its movement

If you have a trapped nerve they can operate, the operation is quick it is afterwards you would suffer.

You can of course go back to your GP and explain your fears, although I feel He may say Anxiety and send you home with AD mdications

Trust your GP he is in partnership with you as his interest is keeping you well.

TRUST HIM

• Posted

I have heard trap nerves aren't always painful

Maybe the ear thing is a possiblity, not had a dentist check in awhile and i do notice my left ear is more painful and doesn't go as deep as my right

• Posted

All I suggest is you put your mind at rest talk to your GP regards ears

I can assure you nerve damage is a very unpleasent condition, the operations can be a so so as well

• Posted

If it eases when you feel safer or even goes completely I would say it is almost definitely anxiety smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.