What could this be?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got a random rash on the side of my body, and it's been there a little over a week. It's not painful to painful , and not to itchy. Just red, swollen, and has some bumps on it. I was prescribed some pills, and a cream even though the doctor didn't really know what it was. I was told it was contact dermatitis. What could this be? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

It sounds exactly like what i had contact dermatitis the tricky part is figuring out what is cauding it as it is the only way to get rid of it.

have you changed shampoo, conditioner, fabric conditioner, shower gel, washing powder or anything like that recently?

I found it was a type of shower gel and washing powder for me.

I changed back to my normal ones and the rash soon cleared up and if i keep to the ones i know are okay i have not had a flare up since.

Hope this helps

• Posted

That's the thing I didn't change anything. I took some supplements to aid in losing a few pounds even though I know damn well most supps don't work. Lol foolishly I took these know I can get some of these from regular food sources. Anyway I took yohimbine-hcl, l-carnitine, cla, green tea extract all at once only for about a week.....
    • Posted

Okay, you could be allergic to something in the current things you use, would suggest eliminate one by one and see how you go.

it is possible that they are the cause

• Posted

I haven't been using them I returned them. How do I attach a pic on this site? I can't find any button to let me do that

Thanks

• Posted

Was your rash kind of like a welt with blister like bumps on it? If so how long did it last? Were you prescribed anything?

Thanks

• Posted

Yes but i had a more severe form of the same thing.

They were more raised and redder than yours. is it responding to any treatment?

• Posted

I'll try to put up a clearer pic. Did you get a diagnosis and how long did it last? Thanks
    • Posted

yes i did, it was contact dermatitus and it took around 3 months for it to clear up, was worse due to the creams i was given they didnt help it they in fact made it worse hence it took so long to get rid of.

i also had to cover the rash as it was so itchy and that helped no end. try and get something to cover it, it may help

• Posted

Oh wow. I was prescribed this little white pill pack. Total of 21 pills
    • Posted

I was also given the cream. So mine only itches sometimes nothing to bad. When you say cover it up you mean like gauze or something?
  • Posted

How do I attach a pic?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.