What could this be?!?

Posted , 5 users are following.

After shaving on Monday, i noticed a thin tear in the crease of my labia. I thought maybe i cut myself shaving. It did sting a little when i peed and i did scratch it a lot. The next day i noticed that the tear looked like the photo. It doesn't hurt or bleed or ooze anything. Could it be an infection from scratching after shaving or something worse??? Everything that I've researched online says herpes but i don't think that's it. I don't have any pain or symptoms and I didn't have any bumps or blisters. Help?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would definitely go and get it looked at. It could be totally innocent but it doesn't look normal so best to get a professional opinion I reckon. Have you had sex recently? 

• Posted

I did have protected sex a week before with bf but he’s the only person I’ve ever had sex with my whole life and we’ve been together for 4yrs.  He doesn’t have it. Could it be a bad tear from sex? Because before that week, I haven’t had sex since November.
  • Posted

I had oral herpes and I have to be honest it does look like the sores I had around my mouth, I'd go get it checked 

• Posted

I went to my doctor. He did say it looked like herpes but it could also be a bacterial infection. I won’t know the results till Tuesday. I really hope it isn’t.
    • Posted

Don't worry too much. Millions of people live with genital herpes. It's just a viral skin condition: a lot of people have it on their face too. Most people don't get lots of serious outbreaks and after the first year your immune system will be able to fight it better. Just look after yourself, plenty of sleep and healthy food etc. 

• Posted

i have the same problem but the difference is there are small like cigarette burn all over my labia? is this herpes or feicyion rub? 
  • Posted

Please go and get that checked. So if it is serious it could be treated before worsen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.