What could this be?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my gallbladder out in March this year. Seemed fine for the first month but the 2nd month it all seemed to change. It started with high stomach pain which were severe enough for me too need an ambulance a few times, another few stays in hospital. I'm now suffering everyday with constipation, diarrhea, gas pain, burping, sickness, heartburn, my heart rate is forever high and i just feel exhausted everyday. Unwell each day is really starting to effect my day to day life.

I can go days and days with no bowel movements at all, I now have to keep Tramadol on me for the pain, buscopan.

I have had CT scan MRCP, Ultrasound, they were ok, i'm waiting for a date for a colonoscopy which I hope offers some answers.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Karen

The symptoms you have been experiencing sound so similar to mine it scary. I have been experiencing them all for just over 4 years now and after extensive testing I am still no clearer on what the problem is. I know there is one last test that I need done and that is a small bowel MRI scan, but since becoming ill, being put on medication that I should never have been put on that actually made things worse, and two rather traumatic colonoscopy experiences, I have developed a serious anxiety about having any more medical investigations, and I keep putting it off. At present I am diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, CFS, Anxiety and IBS (all the conditions given when no obvious cause can be found), however they want to rule out Crohns Disease, hence the reason for the small bowel MRI. I know that I should have it done, but I just can't find the strength and will power to bring myself to go through with it, which is stupid really as it could give me the answers I've been looking for.

Sorry that this reply hasn't given you the answers you were looking for, just felt like I had to let you know my story since we share such similar problems. I do hope you get a proper diagnosis soon, and not the fob off one's that I have been given. All the best for the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.