What could this be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

so I a few weeks back I didnt have this nose was pretty clear aside from the black heads and stuff.

recently it's gotten red and just looked off so I've been trying to clean my face cause i rarely really wash my face it's never been a problem. It hasn't gotten worse but it hasn't gotten better and it has me worried. I havent picked at my nose or taken out black heads beforehand.

My grandmother had cancer on her nose and I'm pretty paranoid. image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Certainly doesn't look like cancer. Possibly a mild infection.

• Posted

any suggestions on what I can do to make it heal or to prevent it from happening when it does heal?

• Posted

How long does it hang around? It is possible you have very mild rosacea and/or are reacting to something in your diet.

• Posted

first time this has happened, its about a week and ahalf in so far. my diet has been pretty consistent of fast food for the year or more. just 2 days ok I switched to the keto diet but I doubt it's my diet.

• Posted

Does it itch? or bleed? If not then I think you may have an infection . You could try getting a tube of facial scrub, and using it alternate days on your nose....dont rub too much or you could get sore. It will help clear the blackheads,which are probably the source of infection. Rinse really well in cold water.

• Posted

it doesn't itch, it did bleed once after I washed it and maybe rubbed to hard. The bleeding lasted 2 seconds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.