what could this pain have been?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a weird pain last night that lasted 30 minutes.........ive had pancritis pain before when i was 17 and wasnt like that.....when i had pancritis the pain was really horrible and went through to my back. The pain i had last night was like sharp shooting pains (that were quite painful) that went from my right where my gb is to my upper tummy, mostly my right side too......does this sound like wind or something?? is there a difference in pain between pancritis attack and gallbladder attack or are they the samething?? im confused!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

They are different.    Pancreatisis is much more serious and if left untreated life threatening as basically your blood gets infected and poisons other organs.   I don't think you get sharp pain with pancreatisis (I didn't) but more of dull pain along with gradually getting weaker and signs of jaundice in skin and eyes.   It sounds like you had gall bladder related problems given the sharp pain epsecially if it has gone.   However, obviously if it keep happening go to the doctor. 
    • Posted

I do have thickened walls and lots of shadows inside my gallbladder.   I was in hospital for 2 weeks with an inflammed pancris.....they just starved me and drugged me the whole time lol.....
  • Posted

They are different. I know someone who had pancritis after he had his gallbladder removed.

Hope you manage to find out what is going on here.

Take casre and keep in touch

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi both conditions are different but share very similar symptoms. Pancreatitis could be acute and is a life threaning condition. I had pancreatitis when I had a gb attack due to a stone blocking the pancreas. It was extremely painful  for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.