What Could This Rash Be?

Posted , 2 users are following.

It used to itch a little bit when I was starting to notice it months ago. This never happened before but it's never gone away and it's progressively getting worse. Now it doesn't itch at all but has definitely gotten both bigger in size, not just overall radius, and has a brighter redness to it now as well. Yes I use soap and I scrub myself.

I hope this isn't anything to worry about although for being married a year and a half and now this comes right out of the blue just after a couple suspicious behaviours are brought out from my wife, I do hope that this isn't meaning she's cheating such as with contracting an STD and then sharing it with me but as with no strong reason for suspicion as of yet, I still don't know if she is. I am hoping she is being honest but this does have me concerned about my health. (Pics below).

Also, we are both 24 years old, this rash or whatever it is has only shown up on my butt and I have fairly good hygiene. My underwear is breathable and I never wear the same pair the next day. I'm shocked thinking about it considering my family goes my entirely different standards.

Thanks in advance

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think this is what is often called "bum acne". Its folliculitis and very common in both sexes. Not an STD.

Caused by a build up of debris/hard skin in and around the hairs.

Do you have a job where you are sitting a lot? This can often be the cause.

You need to use a brush which is not too hard as this will make you sore, and also try to use an acne wash rather than soap. Dont scrub it every day and not too hard. Alternate days is fine. Then rinse and dry well. Before bed rub an emollient lotion into your skin to soften and loosen any hard skin.

Are your pants 100% cotton? any artificial fibre will make it worse.

If none of this makes any difference do see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.