What could this stomach problem be?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I've suffered from incomplete evacuation along with soft/sticky poop since a long time. Recently it has worsened and I'm concerned if it could be a structural issue or something. What's happening is that at first when I pass stool some of it comes out and then I have to strain for more of it to come out. Then what happens is that I can feel that there's stool sitting inside but when I push, no matter how hard, only very little liquid-ish stool comes out. I have to be the toilet for at least 1-2 hours everyday. Other symptoms that I've noticed include lesser and more difficult passing of gas (I can feel gas moving till my rectum but I have to kind of strain to get it out and only a bit gets out usually). I have also noticed less movement in my gut as compared to before as well loud high pitched sounds from the intestines. I'm a 20 year old male.

Any help would be appreciated. I have been to doctors multiple times who have just given me laxatives and fiber supplements which aren't really making a difference.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hiya, please do keep going back to gp or see another to get a referral for further tests, anything that has been going on for a while needs investigated.

best wishes

• Posted

Have you checked to see if you are eating the right kinds of food? A consultation with a certified dietitian or nutritionist should help.

• Posted

Are you experiencing abdominal pain that moves about? Go back to your doctor and ask about IBS and tests. Try diet change such as more fruit.

• Posted

I haven't been experiencing abdominal pain, which is why I don't think it's IBS though the rest of the symptoms are similar. I have had the problem since a long time but the symptoms keep changing a bit except for incomplete evacuation which i have experienced since a young age

• Posted

Ask your doctor for spasmonal, it really sounds like you could have IBS. I think the generic name for spasmonal is alverine citrate. It basically helps relax your muscles in your intestine.

• Posted

Hi,

Did you tested for hpylori infection?

• Posted

No, I haven't been tested for it but i don't think my symptoms match. I have had stool tests in the past which have been clear.

• Posted

I have been having this problem for quite some time which possibly has been due to my advanced age. In the recent past, I started taking Yogurt (in B/F), Honey supplemented with fibers. There are various fibers and one has to try these one by one.It has produced reasonably good results at least during these days. Some one on this Forum suggested eating Sweet Potatoes which I have yet not tried. It is indeed a trouble some problem. I wish you get rid of this problem soon..

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I have tried taking yogurt and with husk fiber in the past but I stopped since it did not make a noticeable difference. I am still trying different types of supplements as you have suggested along with a change in diet. Regards.

• Posted

Thank you for your replies. I am trying to change my diet and eating simpler foods like soup, grilled chicken and fruits. I have cut out gluten and dairy (I already avoided dairy because it usually causes me problems) and it feels better today. I'm also taking ispaghula husk which my gp prescribed and will go back to her in two weeks time to see if we need to run any tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.