What diet helped or cured bv

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi I could go through our old posts but there's more regulars here so I wanted to ask the the new users.

it's my final attempt to try and get rid of this I'm so fed up checking and crying every hour of the day I've tried the full shebang vitamin c suppositories bv suppositories bv gels 3 sets of antibiotics and the antibiotic cream inserted black seed oil and boric acid boric acid worked until I had another issue with my vag ( wont go into it ) my other issue with my vag has kick started bv so here I am again, plus its period time which as you guys know that's hell .

'm taking boric acid again no funky discharge or smell on my pad but I keep smelling or imagining that bv smell .

I just wanted to ask anyone if you'd share your diets just so I know what to buy I hate fruit and water but I'm willing to try anything right now absolutely done with this crap crap bv

thank you in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Girl i feel u. i been struggling with this for years knly diet that helped is a vegan low fat diet look up 80/10/10. and i hate to break it to u but u have to ear fruit and drink water. if u not drinking water that could be the problem right there we more than 50% water. dont drink no juice unless u buy a juicer and juice it yourself. good luck im still struggling because low fat vegan diet is hard to stick to but try it (and i dont mean kind of try it i mean try it for real no processed food no food in boxes more salads and raw veggies and fruit and a lot of water no animal products) and see if it makes a differwnce it could even cure u. some people get better a bit from fasting look up eater fast and juice fast.

• Posted

Apples blue berries 🍊 orange, pineapples, bananas plums,pears, strawberries make salads carrots tomatoes cucumbers lettuce what ever way u like it add chicken if u like celery with ranch I feel more energy in myself and u can feel your body get cleaned.

• Posted

completely understand what you're saying. has to be the most embarrassing thing ive ever dealt with in my life. As far as diet goes, im always eating fruit and try to stay away from anything sweet apart from on weekends. I think it helps, as when I eat a lot of chocolate it gets worse. However, for me it isn't a cure. I dont eat perfectly though and its probably one of the only things I haven't had a proper go at. I really don't know what to do anymore. It's depressing me and making me paranoid that I smell, at work I'm always in the bathroom checking. My story is complicated because ive never actually been diagnosed with BV. But ive had every symptom, the worst being the fishy smell. Probiotics kept it at bay and under control for a while. Jarrow Femdophilus. The last time I bought them, they seemed to make no difference. it makes me wonder if I am actually going insane. I worry that I stink but I am not aware of how bad it is because I am so used to it. The things people do constantly make me think they can smell it, sniffing, touching their nose, opening a window. if someone enters a room and says "it stinks in here". I havent had anyone actually tell me I smell for years, but have had people say "it stinks of fish in here" which of course, I assume is me, because i can never smell it in the room. I have tried antibiotics, which work for a while. The antibiotic cream did nothing. BV gels from over the counter work, but again only for a while. Probiotics used to work, but theyre expensive. I have tried taking Vitamin D regularly, that made a small difference. I only use water to wash, and fragrance free laundry detergent. I never used to wear underwear, I still got it. Recently started wearing it again, but don't know if it's making things worse. I avoid sex a lot of the time because of it.

the weird thing is, I have been prescribed antibiotics for other things, which also seem to take away the smell and discharge. I had fluclaxacillin for my batholins cyst (another recurring problem of mine) which also got rid of the smell for around two weeks. I am sick of going to the doctor, for them to do tests for BV and every STD out there and it all coming back negative. the doctor's will tell me I am fine, but of course, you wash before an examination. it is by the end of the day that I can smell it. I shower every day religiously before work, and so tired of smelling like I haven't. I dont feel clean. People must think I either have STDs or i just dont wash.

• Posted

i know a lot of people wanna say meat is healthy. it is a carcinogen meat and dairy tastes good and everything but it isn't good for u. look up dr. neal barnard

• Posted

aww girl i feel your pain i have bv and unrine track infections the last 2 uears and nothing is getting ride of it and when it does go it comes bk after intercourse.all i do is cry.no tablets work im using gels goes away for bit and then back again.im so sorry your going through its aswell lot of girls are getting this. they have to look in to this more because its not fare its making me so depressed now .and doctors just throw tablets or gels at u for it .you think in this day and ages they would have something to get ride for good

• Posted

I suffered with BV for 20 years since my first pregnancy/childbirth skewed the vaginal flora. 20 years of misery and shredding my insides with acid and antibiotics that never worked permanently. I was relying on suppositories every other day to keep it under control. Lord knows how much I've spent on those things! Three months ago I decided to go vegan temporarily to lose a few pounds. After a week I noticed that the tell tale smell every other day indicating I needed a suppository was not there. I didn't make the connection then but decided not to use the suppository until the smell came back. Here I am three months later and it never came back. I can't begin to tell you the liberation I feel. I am by no means a health and fitness nut, but this diet has transformed my life. I eat mainly wholefoods, grains, fruits, veg, beans, legumes, tofu, and plant based fats (avocado, sunflower, olive, seeds and nuts etc) and have cut out processed foods and refined white flours and sugars, but treat myself once a week to a ready vegan meal like vegan burgers or sausages and something sweet homemade where I use date or agave syrup. It's not just the BV that has gone, but improvements to my digestive health, blood pressure, weight, and all sorts of other things associated with my age. But even if it was just for the BV, I will never touch animal products again and I am surprised and disappointed that the medical profession have not researched deeper into this. Like I said I was never a health food type of person and always believed that a little bit of everything is OK. Being vegan isn't always easy but I'm sticking with it as I never want to go back to the hell that is BV.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.