What diet works for you?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, being ridiculously chemically sensitive, I wondered what diets work for you to help manage your symptoms. What foods you can and cannot eat? 

Best wishes to all ☺️

Meg

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Meg,

If you think foods are making your symptoms worse you should probably track what you eat and what your symptoms are, how severe they are, etc. to identify what affects you and then experiemnt by cutting out the foods you have found to aggravate your symptoms for a few months and see if there is an improvement, and then maybe try and reintroduce them to see how your body reacts then. We are all sensitive to different things to it is best to go by what your body is telling you rather than what someopne else's body is telling them.

-Jessie

• Posted

Thanks Jessie, I understand we are all different however there does seem to be some commonality in what we cannot eat. I am keeping a diary of pain levels, what I eat and exercise level, each day, it is a very valuable evaluation tool. So far ruled out dairy, MSG, vinegars, alcohol, sugar, preservatives, tomatoes and capsicum, have been tested for gluten and found I am not allergic. Phew..... I just wonder what I am missing? 

Cheers Meg

• Posted

You could always get an allergy test done. The ones done on your hair can give you a broader spectrum and you don't have to have eaten the food recently to get an accurate result like you do with blood tests
    • Posted

Thank you, didn't know that, will find out about them.

All the best Meg

• Posted

I have felt better since cutting out all refined sugars and bread.  I cook everything from scratch and have recently cut down considerably on caffeine.  Told it would take 3 weeks to totally get the refined sugars out of the body and I had days where I felt pretty rough but now much better with a more energy. Could just be that my fibro friend is sleeping but for now I am happy to take a day at a time.
    • Posted

Long may it continue that way for you. Will try no bread but rather tricky. Thank you for that.😃
  • Posted

I'm on a Pakeo lifestyle...there is nothing at all orice dissed..including bread, pasta ect....hiwebpver you can make you own bread with coconut flor and almond flour...wheat us very bad fir you as us sugar..hiiwrver saturated fats believe it or not is really ok for us...found to have nothing to do with bad cholestrol either...you really need to look it up and make it fit into your lifestyle not visa versa...you can go dairy free if need be..I don't have a problem with cream, cheese, yoghurt, any milk oriducts at all.....but whatever you do stay away from anything that says it's "diet" food...eg: low fat this and that it's usually full of processed  junk and sugar...etc....really hope you find something that's good for you Meg,,it's just soooo important for us..especially us with Fibro...be blessed..have a lovely day..:-) xx
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing Christine, I think cooking whole food  at home is a great idea and will try staying away from wheat and sugar. Dairy I have no choice as I am truely allergic with horrible consequences if I eat it. I have had the skin prick tests and they come back allergic, makes life tricky. I also find caffeine a problem. Hope your week is going well. 🌹Meg
  • Posted

Hi, I ate out recently for a works do which was s set menu and had a tomato and pumpkin bake, profiteroles, prawn cocktail and a half of beer. My muscles twitched constantly for 3 days! That's why I hate eating out unless it's s a very good restaurant and the good is light and fresh.
    • Posted

I so know what you mean, it puts you off going out with others, apart from family that is, who understand, especially if you can't choose the restaurant. It seems the better the restaurant the less additives and rubbish they add to their food. Secondly you can ask if the chef can leave out certain trigger foods. I guess if it was a works do you had no choice, poor you. Have a great weekend. 🌺 Meg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.