What do GPs expect

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hope someone can help...when I go for my first weigh in, what loss will the doctor be looking for.  I have no idea what is expected of me.  Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. I lost 1stone 5lb in my 1st month and gp was over the moon!!! Not sure what's expected? I know it's 5% of body weight within 1st 3 months smile good luck. 
    • Posted

That's some weight loss, fantastic stuff.  How did you do it?
    • Posted

Hi, I followed rosemary conely which is less than 5% fat and 1400 calories a day. Lost roughly a stone a month smile I was mega strict and worked out everyday. Xx
    • Posted

Well done...how much weight have you lost in total.  Thanks
  • Posted

When I went to the GP she had a look in the BNF and it stated that you had to loose 5% in the first 12 weeks of being on the big blue tablets. I think some GP's request a faster weight loss but I think slowly and surely to keep the weight off. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.