What do I do ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been purging quite frequently over the past year or so, I don't eat a lot before I do it just regular meals and so I don't think I have bulimia or anything like that. I know what I am doing is wrong but I can't help it I just hate the feeling after I've eaten and I guess making myself purge almost makes me feel as though I am in control ?? The problem is I've been starting to get heart palpitations and light headed even when I'm doing nothing. I don't know who to go to as i think my friend had an eating disorder in the past as she gets quite touchy whenever someone brings up the subject so I don't want to upset her, also I'm scared to tell my parents in case they blame themselves. I've read about what happens to your body after purging yet I still do it so I am scared someone please give me advice. Many thanks x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey sweetie.

I had the exact same problem. And I still do some days...

I understand what you mean when you don't want to talk to your overly sensitive friend, but you do need to tell someone that you trust and know will support you in order to get better! Trust me, it's impossible to fight alone!

You're parents won't take the blame, trust me. If you sit down with them and tell them exactly what's going on. That's the best thing you can do. It's not just being honest to them, but to yourself! This is the first step into getting out of denial and overcoming this.

I also think you should start eating healthy food. The reason we seem to purge is that we eat a lot of junk food and then feel guilty because it's highly calorific. Just eat a lot of healthy food and you will feel more in control, and overall better about yourself! Also, get involved in a sport! Then you should teach yourself to feel good about eating, no guilt because youve been active that day.

So overall:

.Have a BIG healthy diet (full on healthy food- you won't gain weight and will have more power to resist eating food just to throw it back up)

. Pick a sport to both distract yourself from these negative thoughts and become more healthy- you should feel free to eat what you want

. Tell someone you trust. You need guidance, mental illness is hard times night by yourself. Because you're battling yourself. That means all your reasoning will come back to "justify" the actions of your eating disorder personality.

You'll be eating right and active so you'll have a nice hot toned bod. Give me an update on how you're feeling, you can talk to me ?? I need the support too. Help each other out?

Also, if anyone else needs someone to talk to, feel free. Not just for you but for me 😂😂 thanks xx

• Posted

Hiya Karina, 

I really appreciate your advice, i do really really want to talk to someone about it but whenever i go to do it i just cant find the words to explain myself and whats happening so i was wondering if you had any tips?

Anyway, how are you doing? You said that you needed the support too, i will try to help as best i can ? 

Thanks,

M xx

• Posted

I'm doing really well! Especially in the past week! I'm an athlete, so I've dedicated myself to "eating clean" for the past month and my trainings been going really well! I think it's just reflecting my diet and it gives me more motivation to stay healthier 😋

When I told everyone I had a problem, they already expected it. Food was missing all the time, and I had really weird eating habits so it was hard to have be a suspect. Especially when I started going to the doctor for being under weight and having kidney issues...

There's a good chance they already expect it but don't raise it to you, it's a more awkward conversation to have from the other end, trust me my sister is the same as me and you can't really talk about food or anything related to the eating disorder without an angry reaction....

It's easier to talk about it if you bring it up, then they know it's a touchy subject but you're ready to talk about it ??

This was the really "pussy" way to do it. But I just shot my other sister a message over Facebook stating "can you help me eat healthier and keep an eye on what I eat? I feel I'm eating a lot of sh*t and I think I need some help!"

This helped her know that I was struggling and needed help (she already knew that, as said before) but more importantly I became approachable to talk to about it so it was definitely a big leap to getting better ??

See, You don't even have to have a massive confrontation to let someone know, shoot them a message, they'll understand where you're coming from and then you'll be able to speak in person about the issue a lot easier! Hope you get well! You've made a massive lump just admitting you have a problem, and writing on here for help! I never had the balls for that, so be proud of yourself! If you need to talk, just keep asking questions, I'm here for you ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.