What do i do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

My anxiety had left especially when I got the IUD removed. Now, I started taking the PPI dexilant for the gastritis again and it has returned. Every antacid i take or PPI it brings on anxiety or some other sympton. What do i do? I am losing weight weekly, when I thought I was gaining because I had a decent appetite but now my appetite is trying to leave and the dexilant side effect decreases my appetite anyway. My major complaint is the gastritis stomach. I don't know if this from the peri or not. I just want this all to end and I can get my life back!

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mary, hope today sees you feeling a little better.

I had gastritis also, terribly. Any time I would eat any kind of processed food or artificial sweetener in anything, I would wake up in the night in excruciating stomach pain.

Soon, I was in pain during the day too. But always worse at night. Doctors found nothing useful through all the usual tests.

I lost 35 lbs. I had it to lose, but still, I was so anxious and depressed... It was miserable. A bunch of other stressors were piling up too, so it was a vicious downward spiral.

I had zero appetite. But knew I had to eat. I have a child to raise. She was 3 at the time.

Here is what helped me out... I hope some part of it helps you in some way!!

I could reliably tolerate fresh melon and berries and grapes and pineapple, along with bone broth soup with well cooked veggies and beans. And canned peaches. And all natural yogurt. In small quantities. Some days I could only tolerate one tiny portion mid-day.

I ate those few things almost exclusively for a month. I could tolerate the occasional egg. And rice. I used good quality olive oil as my only cooking and dressing oil. No processed oil at all.

After about a week of eating like that, the pain started to lessen, little by little, day by day.

I know that wasnt a balanced diet, so once I could tolerate them I took Vit E, Calcium, Magnesium, Vit D, and B Complex in to account for that. And a combined Essential Omega Fatty Acids supplement.

Eventually I could add back high-quality ice cream with all natural ingredients. And real butter. Once I added those, my appetite started coming back and I could add back anything but highly processed foods.

That was about 6 years ago. I have none of that any longer. Thank Heaven!!

Prayers for you, I know it is miserable!!

• Posted

Stay away from tea, coffee, alcohol, chocolate, mint. Ginger tea and chamomile tea are ok. Be careful with veggies, just do cooked carrots, butternut squash. Pasta is ok if you are good with gluten, with a little olive oil. Oatmeal and bananas. Don't do carbonated beverages. Drink lots and lots of spring water. Just be very easy on your stomach and slowly add things back in when you are feeling better. I couldn't do citrus like OJ. Later on I diluted low acid OJ with water to take my iron. Vitamins are hard on the stomach too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.