what do i do this time bout my abscess

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i have had an abcess before! had a root canal and it went for over 2 years same tooth and abscess has cum back! problem is i cnt afford to get it treated atm!

I am gunna go doctors to get anti biotics tomoro to stop it spreading but what do i do after?

im a little woried!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi There,

My own personal experience ended in having the tooth removed. Abcesses can have a tendancy to come back...even after root treatment.

Its an awful thing!

My advice to u (and its only my opinion), would be, if its a tooth that u can do without and isnt visible...have it pulled. End the misery. I know it would still cost...but nowhere near as much as root treatment.

Good Luck.

• Posted

Thanks for advice but is rather close to the front of my mouth and would prefere not to lose it, also lack of funds preventing my going dentist just for the 60 pound check up they charge to give me antibiotics as my doctors have refused!

im not even more worried!!

• Posted

im thinking i may have to go to emergency dental hospital in the morning! does anyone know how much this will cost just to get it drained most likey while im there? im just not willing to lose my tooth its to close to the front!

thanks

• Posted

Treatment at the dental hospital should be free,, well it is here in Birmingham,, get there very early (say 6:30am) and you should be first smile
  • Posted

thanks!

that was useful as i also live in birmingham i shall go there tomoro morning!

• Posted

Doors open at 8am, if you are lucky you could be finished and away by 10:30am wink
  • Posted

Just had a severe abcess treated by Selly Oak NHS Hospital Max Fax people

They were brilliant - did not cost a penny unlike the best part of £400 In wasted on private dentists who caused the problem !

Just go to A&E with a letter from Dentist if possible

• Posted

Thanks ..... that's really useful to know for future reference smile

Hope you are now well and truly sorted!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.